Bobby Petrino fired from Louisville

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well, Purdue has won one B1G title in the last 50 years, so it's not very easy. Louisville doesn't really have a conference - they are nomads who just happen to reside in the American conference. Give them a few years and they will move again.
I just saw that Purdue lost to Minnesota yesterday 41-10. I guess Purdue is still Purdue.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Well, Purdue has won one B1G title in the last 50 years, so it's not very easy. Louisville doesn't really have a conference - they are nomads who just happen to reside in the American conference. Give them a few years and they will move again.
Louisville is in the ACC.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
Sorry to see this happen. Louisville deserves Petrino, or worse if there is anything worse. On the bright side, I doubt they will get anybody good. Brohm won't go if he has aspirations to be a top-line coach, and he may not be that good anyway. Winning consistently at a place like Louisville is going to take a coach of tremendous abilities.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Sorry to see this happen. Louisville deserves Petrino, or worse if there is anything worse. On the bright side, I doubt they will get anybody good. Brohm won't go if he has aspirations to be a top-line coach, and he may not be that good anyway. Winning consistently at a place like Louisville is going to take a coach of tremendous abilities.
Charlie Strong was winning at Louisville in the two seasons he was there, even beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Brohm may feel the pull of his alma mater, but if he is smart he will stay at Purdue until a better job comes open. I could see the guy from Troy wanting a step up but I do not know much about him and, if he would be ready for a program like Louisville that has no real football identity and not much fan support outside the Louisville SMSA.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.