Appalachian State at Bama

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Well, 2 - 0 is better than 0 - 2.
Need to work on getting some playing rythm and a couple of consistent outside shooters.
Good team win.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Kira had a great game. He is exceeding my expectations at this point. I'm anxious to see how he does against a more talented opponent. The team overall is a bit of a disappointment so far. They've won both games but have not looked good in either game. I hope we're playing down to the competition (I know ASU is not a bad team but we should have won by 20-25) and this is not who we are as a team. About Dazon, he has no ability to finish at the rim and that apparently has not changed over the offseason. He is great at driving inside and having a chance at either getting a basket and/or getting fouled but he is awful at doing either. He's weak and can't explode to the goal. The defender usually either knocks the ball away because Dazon can't elevate and doesn't know how to use his body to shield the defender. Or Dazon throws up a weak shot that almost never goes in. I'm not trying to be overly critical, it just is what it is and it has been this way for 3 years with him. Retin Obasahon was shorter but much more powerful and he made a living by doing exactly what Dazon is trying to do but can't.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I missed we had a game. Scanned the game thread here and it sounds like a very uninspired effort.

Sounds like this "team" needs to grow up fast and start playing like it. I loved Sexton last year, but I think his presence stunted the growth of several of our players.

Hope we are just having a slow start...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I missed we had a game. Scanned the game thread here and it sounds like a very uninspired effort.

Sounds like this "team" needs to grow up fast and start playing like it. I loved Sexton last year, but I think his presence stunted the growth of several of our players.

Hope we are just having a slow start...
If Sexton stunted the growth of several players last year then I blame those players and not Sexton. Sexton worked his tail off to get where he is, others should do the same.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kira had a great game. He is exceeding my expectations at this point. I'm anxious to see how he does against a more talented opponent. The team overall is a bit of a disappointment so far. They've won both games but have not looked good in either game. I hope we're playing down to the competition (I know ASU is not a bad team but we should have won by 20-25) and this is not who we are as a team. About Dazon, he has no ability to finish at the rim and that apparently has not changed over the offseason. He is great at driving inside and having a chance at either getting a basket and/or getting fouled but he is awful at doing either. He's weak and can't explode to the goal. The defender usually either knocks the ball away because Dazon can't elevate and doesn't know how to use his body to shield the defender. Or Dazon throws up a weak shot that almost never goes in. I'm not trying to be overly critical, it just is what it is and it has been this way for 3 years with him. Retin Obasahon was shorter but much more powerful and he made a living by doing exactly what Dazon is trying to do but can't.
Why should have Alabama won by 20+? The line was 13. Not sure if that’s an indication of what Vegas thinks of Alabama or App State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
For those who missed the game. It would have been an easy win, but Herb Jones had an awful night at the line and from the floor. I hope it was just an off night. He was 5 of 14 from the foul line and missed about 6 shots. If he hits a few of those very makeable shots both from the floor and foul line(which I think he will), we would have won by over 20 Dazon is playing with an injury. I think this may say more about our strength and conditioning than it does his shot. We always seem to be dealing with injuries. I don't see many other teams dealing with injured players as much as we always to be.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If Sexton stunted the growth of several players last year then I blame those players and not Sexton. Sexton worked his tail off to get where he is, others should do the same.
Certainly not saying it was Sexton's fault. And I agree the others should have learned from his work ethic. And, maybe they did. Sexton just had an abundnace of talent. It'll take longer for it to show in some of the others.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
For those who missed the game. It would have been an easy win, but Herb Jones had an awful night at the line and from the floor. I hope it was just an off night. He was 5 of 14 from the foul line and missed about 6 shots. If he hits a few of those very makeable shots both from the floor and foul line(which I think he will), we would have won by over 20 Dazon is playing with an injury. I think this may say more about our strength and conditioning than it does his shot. We always seem to be dealing with injuries. I don't see many other teams dealing with injured players as much as we always to be.
Really would like to see Herb's offensive game blossom. I was hoping he'd start off his Soph. campaign showing he's really improved his shooting touch. I think I saw where he's well thought of by the scouts already, but if he becomes a decent shooter he'll shoot up the ladder.

If his shooting comes around he'll be the breakout star this year.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I'm still waiting to see what Mack's game is. He appears bigger than I was expecting; his shoulders seem to be located high relative to his overall height.

I thought Jones was a good free throw shooter but then saw his stats last year. Not a lot of attempts but he only hit 24 of 48 last season. He has a decent looking shooting stroke for jumpers and free throws but they haven't been dropping in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.