Who would you like Bama to play in playoffs?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Notre Dame. I honestly think that Michigan and Clemson are getting better each week while we are trending downward.
The Tides injuries are forcing us to trend downward. However, with the time between the SECCG and the CFP i feel like they will be negated.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Every year I hope for a rematch against Ohio State but it seems that will never happen. So I wouldn't mind seeing Notre Dame and Michigan in the final four.

rolltiderman

Scout Team
Aug 20, 2005
We are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get past Citadel, AwfUl and UGAly first. Focus on the next game. You are welcome Coach Saban.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get past Citadel, AwfUl and UGAly first. Focus on the next game. You are welcome Coach Saban.
In my mind, Alabama is already celebrating #18. I doubt that it will hurt your chances.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just want Bama to make it to the playoffs. Like last year, the team has injuries at key positions (mainly QB this year) and just needs to get through November and SEC Champ, then rest for the playoffs. It was a miracle we were able to win it last year with all the injuries. I am thankful the Playoff Committee gave Bama a chance to get in the top 4.

I would love for Bama to play UCF (but not going to happen) or Notre Dame or Michigan. I don't think we can beat Clemson unless Tua is 100 percent healthy, or close to it. I actually hope someone else beats Clemson so Bama does not have to play them. As a fan, I want the easiest path to #18!!!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If you had your pick who would you like Bama to beat in the playoffs?
1. OSU - think Bama would run and throw on them. Be great to payback for 2014.
2. ND - always good to beat ND.
3. UCF- just so we could end the talk.
4. Michigan - haven't beaten them in a few years. Might as well do it again
I hope we make it to the playoffs...

With our team of 'Walking Wounded', we still must defeat both Auburn and Georgia.
THEN... We take em one at a time.

As I see it with everybody diving at our Quarterbacks knees, it is not a given that
we make it to the playoffs. We also have to play The Citadel, they will try to 'Cut Block' our guys to gain a edge. I hate the Cut Blocks.

A couple of weeks ago it was a near certainty we would not only make the playoffs, but win another National Championship.
NOW...
Everybody is trying to take out Tua's knees.
Jalen doesn't appear to be ready to step in.
I like Mac, but he's not the guy to lead us to a National Championship.
Sorry, I'm a gloomy Gus this morning. (I hate bleak rainy weather)

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
In my mind, Alabama is already celebrating #18. I doubt that it will hurt your chances.
Good Morning. One of my thoughts about MSU was the fact that they were a much more experienced and older team top to bottom than Alabama. Admittedly most of MSU players came in as 2-3 star recruits vs Bama's 4-5 star but as you know two to three years of physical and mental development plus 20 or so more of game experience is very significant at this age. With their development and hard work several of the MSU players are going to make a lot of money.

I haven't looked at Clemson's mix but know that their defensive line is senior group. I have always felt that this would be a rebuilding year in most programs and remain amazed at the teams (Alabama's) performance but there are huge test down the road.

Play them one game at a time!

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Of course.... I just want to be IN the playoff.... but assuming we win out till then..

My ideal playoff would be...

1.) Bama
2.) Notre Dame
3.) Washington State
4.) UCF
That would be the most "ideal" arrangement, but a lot of teams have got to lose for that to happen.

Biggest one would be Clemson getting upset and then Michigan. Also Sooners and Mountioneers have to probably each beat each other if they play back to back games.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I hope we make it to the playoffs...

With our team of 'Walking Wounded', we still must defeat both Auburn and Georgia.
THEN... We take em one at a time.

As I see it with everybody diving at our Quarterbacks knees, it is not a given that
we make it to the playoffs. We also have to play The Citadel, they will try to 'Cut Block' our guys to gain a edge. I hate the Cut Blocks.

A couple of weeks ago it was a near certainty we would not only make the playoffs, but win another National Championship.
NOW...
Everybody is trying to take out Tua's knees.
Jalen doesn't appear to be ready to step in.
I like Mac, but he's not the guy to lead us to a National Championship.
Sorry, I'm a gloomy Gus this morning. (I hate bleak rainy weather)
It is easy to be gloomy with the Heisman leader laying on the ground. Everything I know points to a rapid return of Jalen who should be ready to play at Georgia and full speed if playoffs are in the cards. All concerns of where he will be next year aside he needs to get some performance on tape for his future prospects. Georgia looks to me like all the challenge a team could face so we have to get past that before looking forward. There is still a lot work to be done!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Of course we could lose to Georgia and not make the CFP, but it's OK for us "fans" to look ahead to the CFP. It's what we do here!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Notre Dame. I honestly think that Michigan and Clemson are getting better each week while we are trending downward.
If shutting out consecutive Top 25 opponents and winning by 4 scores is trending downward then I’ll have more of that, please.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.