B1G West Champion 0-3 in OOC games.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
If Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC final will one loss Georgia and Alabama both get in along with undefeated Clemson and ND?
Yes.

IMO, the only way we don't get in is if we lose to both Auburn and UGA.

At 12-1 we're getting in due to our level of dominance.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC final will one loss Georgia and Alabama both get in along with undefeated Clemson and ND?
Depends on how everything else shakes out. I would tend to say no, but there remain too many variables.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Depends on how everything else shakes out. I would tend to say no, but there remain too many variables.
What other variables? I would be stunned if a 12-1 Alabama didn't get in over a 12-1 Michigan or Oklahoma.

We went into Baton Rouge and humilated LSU 29-0 for their second loss and the committee still had them ranked #7. They have A LOT of respect for this Bama team and their level of dominance.

Michigan should be hoping and praying we beat UGA. That's the worst case scenario for them (assuming they beat Ohio State.)

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What other variables? I would be stunned if a 12-1 Alabama didn't get in over a 12-1 Michigan or Oklahoma.
Michigan
West Virginia
Oklahoma
Washington State
Ohio State

All of those teams could be conference champions with one-loss. Depending on how their games go along with Alabama's, the committee could easily go with the one-loss conference champion over Alabama.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I somewhat agree but some say a Big 10 champ Michigan with their only loss to an undefeated #2 ranked Notre Dame would be a better loss than a non-SEC champ Bama with their only loss to a 1 loss #3 ranked UGA. The rest of the schedule and domination factor would come into play but it would be a scary scenario for us Bama fans. OU would not be in before we would no matter what happens unless we have two losses.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Michigan
West Virginia
Oklahoma
Washington State
Ohio State

All of those teams could be conference champions with one-loss. Depending on how their games go along with Alabama's, the committee could easily go with the one-loss conference champion over Alabama.
Yep - and right now Michigan would have the best loss.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I somewhat agree but some say a Big 10 champ Michigan with their only loss to an undefeated #2 ranked Notre Dame would be a better loss than a non-SEC champ Bama with their only loss to a 1 loss #3 ranked UGA. The rest of the schedule and domination factor would come into play but it would be a scary scenario for us Bama fans.
In a vacuum I would agree. In fact, most years I think a 12-1 B1G Champ would be a lock over a 12-1 non-champ.

But I think anyone who has been following this college season closely views Alabama as a cut above everyone else. The story of the season has been Tua's incredible Heisman season and Bama just killing everyone. The narrative is that with elite QB play this is the best team of the dynasty. The rankings reflect that -- LSU is #7 despite getting destroyed 29-0 at home for their second loss. Why? Because it's Bama. If they lose like that to anyone else they're dropping like a stone.

The only way we don't make it if we lose the SEC Title game, IMO, would be (god forbid) Tua suffers a serious knee injury in the 1st quarter and we get blown out by UGA. Psychologically Tua being injured would really hurt our chances/perception even if it doesn't hurt our resume. If we lose a close game to a red-hot Fromm I think we're in.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Michigan
West Virginia
Oklahoma
Washington State
Ohio State

I am just not sure if the CFP Committee will want to repeat what it did last year, but as RTR said that are a lot of things that can happen. If UM beats tOSU and Northwestern then they are in. Clemson should win out and they would be in. ND only has to beat USCw to be in. That leaves the winner of the UGA vs Alabama game for the final spot. Do not underestimate the subliminal bias by the Committee against a potential one loss Alabama.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I am just not sure if the CFP Committee will want to repeat what it did last year, but as RTR said that are a lot of things that can happen. If UM beats tOSU and Northwestern then they are in. Clemson should win out and they would be in. ND only has to beat USCw to be in. That leaves the winner of the UGA vs Alabama game for the final spot. Do not underestimate the subliminal bias by the Committee against a potential one loss Alabama.
I think last year (and the ranking so far this year) indicate they have anything but an anti-Alabama bias. I think they have tremendous respect for us.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
First, I agree - I would be a choice between Alabama and GA, and how the game plays out could decide that, not just the winner.

Second, to the bolded, the committee favors Alabama. Any bias that you imagine exists only in your mind.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Who gets in with: Clemson undefeated, 1 loss Michigan B1G champion, ND undefeated, 1 loss UGA SEC Champ and 1 loss Alabama SEC runner-up? Or rather who gets left out?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Who gets in with: Clemson undefeated, 1 loss Michigan B1G champion, ND undefeated, 1 loss UGA SEC Champ and 1 loss Alabama SEC runner-up? Or rather who gets left out?
Clemson and ND are automatic. After that, it depends on a ton of things that we do not know right now.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Actually, Alabama would be advantaged if Ohio State beats Michigan (just barely) and then beats Northwestern. One loss Ohio State (with an ugly loss to mediocre Purdue) would have a worse resume than one loss Michigan (with a single close loss to ND). Michigan as B1G champ would knock the Tide to 5 (if the Tide loses to Georgia). I hope and expect the Tide to beat Auburn and Georgia, but a close Tide loss to Georgia could still leave them ranked above OSU, WVU, Washington State or Oklahoma. Better to win them all but...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Ohio State isn’t a factor. PERIOD. The committee booted them last year due to the ugly loss to Iowa. The loss to Purdue was even worse. WVU and Oklahoma have the best chance IMO due to the end against each other. Wazzu won’t make it in over Bama. They just won’t. Money and eyeballs matter and the Cougs vs. Crimson Tide??? Come on...

Personally I’m almost certain the fighting Harbaughs will throw up all over themselves very soon. My bet is against the Suckeyes but they’ll lose one of their remaining games.

If that happens Bama would likely have a loss to a 12-1 #4 ranked team in a quasi home game. That’s a pretty decent loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I’m also not sure of ND winning out West. One [emoji3516] thing has been consistent each year. At the end of the season at least 1 and usually 2 teams that “control their own destiny” lose. Heck, Bama has titles because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.