B1G West Champion 0-3 in OOC games.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I’m also not sure of ND winning out West. One [emoji3516] thing has been consistent each year. At the end of the season at least 1 and usually 2 teams that “control their own destiny” lose. Heck, Bama has titles because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I heard someone say since the playoff started only 2 teams that were in the initial rankings stayed on until the final rankings. The teams are Alabama and clempson.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Ohio State isn’t a factor. PERIOD. The committee booted them last year due to the ugly loss to Iowa. The loss to Purdue was even worse. WVU and Oklahoma have the best chance IMO due to the end against each other. Wazzu won’t make it in over Bama. They just won’t. Money and eyeballs matter and the Cougs vs. Crimson Tide??? Come on...

Personally I’m almost certain the fighting Harbaughs will throw up all over themselves very soon. My bet is against the Suckeyes but they’ll lose one of their remaining games.

If that happens Bama would likely have a loss to a 12-1 #4 ranked team in a quasi home game. That’s a pretty decent loss.

While I agree OSU will not get in they got booted last year because they were a 2 loss B1G champ. If they win out this year they will be a 1 loss B1G champ.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Nah they’d join the B1G. Football still powers the engine. I’m thinking the days of the independents are drawing nigh.

While I agree the days of being Independent are counting down, but ND ain't joining the Big10 any time soon. Football might power the engine but tv rights is the fuel for that motor and the ACC would own Notre Dame's broadcasting rights up 2037 as of today. If ND is joining a conference it WILL be the ACC. That doesn't even mention their 12 year agreement to play against the ACC they already have in football. If you're waiting on them to join the Big10, well, you'll be waiting for a long time...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
While I agree the days of being Independent are counting down, but ND ain't joining the Big10 any time soon. Football might power the engine but tv rights is the fuel for that motor and the ACC would own Notre Dame's broadcasting rights up 2037 as of today. If ND is joining a conference it WILL be the ACC. That doesn't even mention their 12 year agreement to play against the ACC they already have in football. If you're waiting on them to join the Big10, well, you'll be waiting for a long time...
I agree, they are not willing to share the pie with other teams, but if they were to decide to join a conference it would be the ACC. Beating up on Wake Forest, NC State, UVA, Louisville, etc would be much easier than having to play tOSU, Michigan and Penn State every year.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Agreed. That ship sailed away long ago. Notre Dame is going to protect what's left of its Independence as long as possible. And frankly, I don't blame them if they can do it. They've got rivalries strung out across the lower 48 with USC, Stanford, and Navy. They did have annual games with Purdue, Michigan State, and Michigan that went away but they still have a desire to play those games as often as possible. They can't fully join a conference and play 8 or 9 conference games and still maintain any sort of freedom in scheduling. But if their options run out someday, their landing spot is the ACC. It's not a bad fit, frankly. They have a history with Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, Miami, and Florida State. It lets them play up and down the eastern seaboard, which has far more fertile recruiting grounds than the Midwest. And it lets them rub elbows with Duke and North Carolina in basketball.

There was a day when Notre Dame + the Big Ten made sense. But that was about 30 years ago.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I really didn’t know that. Absolutely ACC then. No way they’d buy that out. It makes about as much sense as WVU in the Big 12 but that’s modern college football and sports for you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.