Tua's dedication to practice (video clip)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
All I have to say is that someone just lost their condo/apartment for breaking their contract
That is all the way from 13th street it looks like - not sure those apartments are covered by that. I know my son lived there when it was a house and I know you could see the field from his roof. He had no such clause in his rental agreement.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I imagine once we run out of things to renovate that the practice field will get a Crimson Monster wall.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I think this is cool about Tua and everything but something that concerns me about all this is that there're apartments overlooking the practice field. What's to keep say some overboard booster from another school (now knowing about this) from paying "Joe tennant" for an afternoon in his/her apartment so that this booster might take photos or video for himself and giving said material to a grad assistant or assistant coach of said school to help out for their game against Bama?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think this is cool about Tua and everything but something that concerns me about all this is that there're apartments overlooking the practice field. What's to keep say some overboard booster from another school (now knowing about this) from paying "Joe tennant" for an afternoon in his/her apartment so that this booster might take photos or video for himself and giving said material to a grad assistant or assistant coach of said school to help out for their game against Bama?
Because Cedric will make his way to the apartment/condo and ask them to get off the balcony. If they continue to do it, they're gone for violating their contract.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Because Cedric will make his way to the apartment/condo and ask them to get off the balcony. If they continue to do it, they're gone for violating their contract.
And Cedric is going to know about someone taking shots from inside out of a window? There are some big time super zoom lenses and cameras out there now.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And Cedric is going to know about someone taking shots from inside out of a window? There are some big time super zoom lenses and cameras out there now.
So you're worried about people using a lens from inside the condo behind blinds taking good enough pictures without being noticed?

This isn't a new situation. The football team has been dealing with this for years. If a rival wanted to do something, they could have been doing it. This video isn't telling fans something they didn't already know.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
So you're worried about people using a lens from inside the condo behind blinds taking good enough pictures without being noticed?

This isn't a new situation. The football team has been dealing with this for years. If a rival wanted to do something, they could have been doing it. This video isn't telling fans something they didn't already know.
I didn't know about it. I just assumed that the practice fields were more private than this. Of course you know what they say about assuming :redface:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I've thought about that too...but honestly it would probably take a well trained eye to spot stuff, especially without being able to hear what was said. I guess video of a scrimmage would be helpful, but outside of some special plays, trick plays, or unique schemes, pretty much every thing we do will be seen during the course of a typical game and anybody can get a video of that.

Believe me, I thought about it too, but so has the university and CNS and so if everything we did was totally top secret, those apartments would have never been built. Also, they can go indoors for even more privacy.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've thought about that too...but honestly it would probably take a well trained eye to spot stuff, especially without being able to hear what was said. I guess video of a scrimmage would be helpful, but outside of some special plays, trick plays, or unique schemes, pretty much every thing we do will be seen during the course of a typical game and anybody can get a video of that.

Believe me, I thought about it too, but so has the university and CNS and so if everything we did was totally top secret, those apartments would have never been built. Also, they can go indoors for even more privacy.
Filming is not the only no no for those who live there. They aren’t supposed to be out on the balconies when players are on the field. There are several stories of UA staff going to their apartments and telling them to stop.

GuessJ

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 11, 2018
the seccg is going to be huge. there is going to be so much hype around that game it's going to be ridiculous. i can't wait
Absolutely. With Georgia's "unfinished business" the natural Saban vs Kirby rivalry.. Winner moves on (Quarterfinal) the SECCG is,.. The facing this Bama offense part 2 and so on.. Will definitely build this game up to the biggest one of the year without question. Formerly that was LSU.. now it's obviously Georgia. I think The Bama vs Georgia game has great potential to be the largest game of the year for the entire nation of CFB viewers as well until playoffs/NC.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
You know back in 1981 me and a buddy rolled up on Hackberry in my truck, jumped up on the back end and were going to watch a little practice time. Coach Bryant turned around and grumbled from the tower- “you boys get on outta here”. I wasn’t sure he had authority to run us off of a city street but we weren’t going to stick around to find out either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You know back in 1981 me and a buddy rolled up on Hackberry in my truck, jumped up on the back end and were going to watch a little practice time. Coach Bryant turned around and grumbled from the tower- “you boys get on outta here”. I wasn’t sure he had authority to run us off of a city street but we weren’t going to stick around to find out either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Smart, but to answer your question: I'd say he had the authority!;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.