4 Star WDE Khris Bogle flips to UF

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
May not have anything to do with Coach Sunseri. Go back a page and check out post #86 which could explain what happened - but I also think Coach Grantham probably told him he'd be a starter for us this season.

TBH, I don't know for sure but I bet the details will come out eventually.

EDIT: Just ran across this - might help explain his thought process.....

Always a bit problematic when they promise things without them ever practicing with college athletes. I hope it works out for the young man.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Khris better hope Grantham doesn't take the Bengals' DC job that he's up for....
Read this morning that Grantham is the lead candidate. That's why kids should commit to schools and head coaches instead of position coaches..

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I’m not sure but I think it has to be the head coach leaving in order to transfer. I don’t recall that ever happening before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Um that kid from USC is transferring because of Kliff.
That is true ... I'm sure he could make a case if it did happen. Just interesting to hear that he made the decision to leave Bama because of rumors that he would be greyshirted/redshirted ... its safe to assume that info didn't come from the Bama staff.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I don't think Bogle will leave... and If he did decide to come to Alabama.. he would've redshirted anyway.
He may very well redshirt at UF ... no knock on him at all, just noticing their current roster of LBs. The plus for him he will be one of the higher ranked players there, but that's no guarantee that he will beat out someone that already has experience playing college ball. I guess the main part of all of this that gets lost is you still have to earn a position. If he goes in and does what he needs to do to earn playing time, he will play. But that would have been the same if he would have came to Bama.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This might be of interest to some here. It's from a well respected insider on our Gator forum as part of a recruiting recap he provided us:

I never had the idea KB would choose UF until the Polynesian Bowl. Diwun Black is a charismatic person and natural leader. He was in KB’s ear all week. Then came the Official visit and I started hearing good things. A late push from UM came up short as Mama wanted him out of South Florida. One side note that made me question how this would come out, Khris had some anti UF people, including a coach in his ear still pushing him away from UF.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The kid chose Florida. That's the end of it as far as Bama is concerned so can we close this thread?
Nope. One of the thing Moderators hate is that folks decide when to close threads for them.... That's a no-no...

I think until he enrolls and actually step a foot on the campus this summer, anything can happen.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Nope. One of the thing Moderators hate is that folks decide when to close threads for them.... That's a no-no...

I think until he enrolls and actually step a foot on the campus this summer, anything can happen.
99% of the time I completely agree with this. However, it does happen where a post is placed that really heads off in a different direction. Sometimes that direction can be unpleasant and in no way accomplishes what the OP intended. In a case like that, if the OP requests that his/her post be closed, I think that the mods should consider it. JMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.