4 Star WDE Khris Bogle flips to UF

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Looks like Mullen is silently building his roster as he did at State. It won't be a dramatic turn around the way Saban did it but Dan is building a foundation in Gainesville.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Bogle was torn with his commitment to Alabama from the very beginning. when he took more OV to Florida schools, it just reaffirmed what most fans knew. he could see early playing time at UF. at Bama, he would have to go through the S&C program for 2 years just to see playing time ( i.e. Christian Miller). Bogle has great potential and I wish him the best. in the end, I am glad he committed to Florida, they need all the help they can get to compete with UGA.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Looks like Mullen is silently building his roster as he did at State. It won't be a dramatic turn around the way Saban did it but Dan is building a foundation in Gainesville.
Ole Dirty Kirby is going to have a problem on his hands in 2020. Mullen is a good coach. He did more with less at MSU, and he is going to get UF back on track. I expect them to be a top ten team again soon.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
They finished 6&7 in AP and Coaches polls last year...I think they're already there...
Ole Dirty Kirby is going to have a problem on his hands in 2020. Mullen is a good coach. He did more with less at MSU, and he is going to get UF back on track. I expect them to be a top ten team again soon.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He committed just a few weeks ago. Signing elsewhere today is pretty weak.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
He committed just a few weeks ago. Signing elsewhere today is pretty weak.
Easy for you to say because you are not in that kid's shoes.

Things that could have factored into his decision:

Coaching turnovers, possibility to start or not in his first year, proximity to home & family, and last but not least - this is a big decision to make and in the end it's the kid's decision to make, regardless of how we as fans see it.

Also, I don't see anything to indicate he was playing the two schools against each other.

Heck - be happy he's going to a good school with very good football program prospects - I know I would for any kid who flipped to go to Alabama.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
All very true....I guess the question was why Bama in the 1st place?

Coaching turnovers, possibility to start or not in his first year, proximity to home & family, and last but not least - this is a big decision to make and in the end it's the kid's decision to make, regardless of how we as fans see it.

Also, I don't see anything to indicate he was playing the two schools against each other.

Heck - be happy he's going to a good school with very good football program prospects - I know I would for any kid who flipped to go to Alabama.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

as long as he is a thorn in Kang's side I'm ok with it

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I just hope you guys beat UGA next year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Now it sounds like you are saying you are a better parent than his.
Yeah, I probably am. I am very proud of the effort that my wife and I have put into raising our boys. They are both great human beings.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Sorry, that is a load. If it was my son and he was not sure, I would not have allowed him to commit to anyone.
Yes, but that would mean linking the term and the act of " committing " to " honoring your word ". Those are alien concepts in far too many aspects of life today, particularly when it comes to 18 year old uber athletes.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I got on this late, but to me the thing that didn’t make sense about Florida was that Sunseri was his primary recruiter and position coach at Florida. I know he thought a lot of Tosh, but if change made him uncomfortable, he had that at Florida also. Maybe he just didn’t like Sunseri??

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I got on this late, but to me the thing that didn’t make sense about Florida was that Sunseri was his primary recruiter and position coach at Florida. I know he thought a lot of Tosh, but if change made him uncomfortable, he had that at Florida also. Maybe he just didn’t like Sunseri??
May not have anything to do with Coach Sunseri. Go back a page and check out post #86 which could explain what happened - but I also think Coach Grantham probably told him he'd be a starter for us this season.

TBH, I don't know for sure but I bet the details will come out eventually.

EDIT: Just ran across this - might help explain his thought process.....

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.