12 SEC team schedule - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Re: 12 SEC team schedule

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    You dont think Miller and Lewis being hurt wasnt a huge reason why we lost to Auburn? FSU and Alabama beat the hell out of each other, FSU just got the worse of it. But Bama was hurting all year because of it as well.
    I hate that game with a passion looking back on it. Just an ugly game all the way around. We were good enough to beat them by 40 but a plodding offense couldn't close the deal on too many drives. And they were good enough physically to make us work, and yeah, we beat the hell out of each other. Nothing good came from that game at all, for either team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I hate that game with a passion looking back on it. Just an ugly game all the way around. We were good enough to beat them by 40 but a plodding offense couldn't close the deal on too many drives. And they were good enough physically to make us work, and yeah, we beat the hell out of each other. Nothing good came from that game at all, for either team.
    I think what was lost in that point was that it was a close game between nearly identical teams and that close games usually lead to more injuries. It was never directly about fcs games not having their share of injuries, it was that close games have them more often so why schedule more than 1 good competition game when you have the sec schedule as well. Hell we lost 3 key guys in FSU and LSU game and couldnít stop MSU and Auburn to save our life.

BamaNation First Team Tide-one-on's Avatar
    And a Big ROLL TIDE TO YOU!!!!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

MO and LSU have the perfect schedules. 4-off-4-off-4.

12 SEC team schedule

Saban’s point was Alabama wasn’t challenged in 2018 and complacency cost us a championship. There’s something to be said for learning to overcome adversity before it costs you a ring.

If winning every is the goal then take your mickey mouse parade to disneyland and give UCF a championship ring.
    Last edited by spock*; May 16th, 2019 at 11:20 AM.
    Logic gets you from A to Z while curiosity takes you everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by spock* View Post
    Saban’s point was Alabama wasn’t challenged in 2018 and complacency cost us a championship. There’s something to be said for learning to overcome adversity before it costs you a ring.

Well quiet frankly if he is talking about the quality of the opponent then he is wrong because we played one of the toughest schedules in his tenure here. What cost us a championship is losing 2 of our most important defensive players for the season and having two recruiters as coordinators.

If winning every game is the goal then take your mickey mouse parade in disneyland and give UCF a ring.
    You must hate the Saban era and love the Shula era with a statement like that. Because winning every game is the goal for championship teams.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Sabanís point was Alabama wasnít challenged in 2018 and complacency cost us a championship.

Thereís something to be said for learning to overcome adversity before it costs you a ring.
    1) I must have been on some serious drugs during the Georgia game - because I was SURE I saw a guy basically lose a Heisman Trophy and go out injured and get replaced by another guy who had been injured the previous two months. Apparently, I was just hallucinating.

2) I'll tell Saban to make sure we fall behind 21 points every single game early on - that should satisfy you, no?

If winning every game is the goal
    So you're saying we should just tank one....????? Maybe sit out that adversity with UGA, something something???

then take your mickey mouse parade in disneyland and give UCF a ring.

Dear Spock,

Please send back the Scarecrow.

Sincerely,

The Land of Oz
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    MO and LSU have the perfect schedules. 4-off-4-off-4.
    Mizzou has Georgia and Florida back-to-back, the first one on the road.

LSU does have it line up perfectly - they'll still manage to blow one they should win.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

12 SEC team schedule

We seem to have gotten off topic so let me restate the question.

How many conference games should SEC teams play to avoid conference realignment when we renegotiate tv rights as speculated in the link below?

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...CC--118642101/

When conference TV rights begin to expire in six or seven years, my Amazon source says that Amazon and Netflix could easily be prepared to spend ten times what the networks are projected to have available.
    Last edited by spock*; May 16th, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

We seem to have gotten off topic so let me restate the question.

How many conference games should SEC teams play to avoid conference realignment when we renegotiate tv rights as speculated in the link below?
    My answer - The SEC rules college football. They don't have to change a thing.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...CC--118642101/

1) conference realignment will not happen because of conference games its going to be because Texas or Notre Dame makes a power move that threatens a conference's ability to generate enough money to keep network deals

2) Other than having more opposite division games what purpose does adding more conference games? Seriously do you want to suffer what teams like Ohio St and USC/Washington are suffering just to add to entertainment value. Sure if we had a toddler league like the ACC or Big 12 then I would be all for it, but we don't.

3) Just to humor you... 9 would the most I would be willing to go (But I'm whole heartedly against adding any)

When conference TV rights begin to expire in six or seven years, my Amazon source says that Amazon and Netflix could easily be prepared to spend ten times what the networks are projected to have available.

Netflix may not survive for 6 years with Disney pulling the plug on ALL properties. Amazon is not ready for it, and neither is Hulu. YouTube is probably the only streaming service willing to buy it. I think we are stuck with ESPN and CBS for a long time.

Hannibal

Netflix generates most of it's own content. Google owns Youtube. The only reason folks still have cable are because of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Netflix may not survive for 6 years with Disney pulling the plug on ALL properties. Amazon is not ready for it, and neither is Hulu. YouTube is probably the only streaming service willing to buy it. I think we are stuck with ESPN and CBS for a long time.
    Last edited by spock*; May 16th, 2019 at 12:22 PM.

Netflix generates most of it's own content. .
    And how much of that content was in some way or fashion linked to the Great Mouse? And speaking of the Great Mouse, who do you wager owns ESPN, SECN, and ABC? You really think someone is going to take the SEC from them? The only multi billion dollar asset that I'm aware of that the Great Mouse has ever lost rights to is Harry Potter, and that is more of an exception due to the weird nature of that situation and not the rule.

And FWIW Disney is launching ITS OWN streaming service to directly compete with Netflix...Gee I wonder who is going to win that
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 16th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Hannibal