12 SEC team schedule - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 171
  1. #105
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    10,802

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Betting he's referencing the injuries sustained in that game.
    Bingo.

  2. #106
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,429

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Betting he's referencing the injuries sustained in that game.
    Nearly ruined Alabama's year (would have if not for a fluke season), and permanently destroyed FSU for many years to come. Injuries can happen any time, but are far more likely in tough games.

  3. #107
    BamaNation First Team spock*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Woodstock, GA
    Posts
    365
    Thread Starter

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Of course you aren't. You don't have to play in the games. You just want to be entertained
    Letís debate the message not the messenger
    Logic gets you from A to Z while curiosity takes you everywhere else.

  4. #108
    BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    4,559

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by spock* View Post
    Itís a crying shame that Alabama has scheduled Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss, Western Carolina in the same season.
    Alabama did not schedule Duke. Gary Stokan, President of Peach Bowl, Inc contracted Duke to play in HIS game. AFTER he had contracted Alabama to play in HIS game.

  5. #109

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    In the current college football world, SEC teams play the most difficult schedules in the country. You must want Alabama to lose if you want the schedule even harder.
    Bama routinely plays one of the top10 most difficult schedules in the country, yet some want more.

    If you're asking for 'better games' you care more about your own entertainment than you care about Alabama winning championships, plain and simple.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

  6. #110
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    10,802

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Bama routinely plays one of the top10 most difficult schedules in the country, yet some want more.

    If you're asking for 'better games' you care more about your own entertainment than you care about Alabama winning championships, plain and simple.
    I think Selma proved that even some of our more "weaker" schedules in the past 11 years were far tougher than that nostalgic 1978 schedule everyone talks about. Sure I would love to see Alabama play some teams like Texas, Ohio St, or whoever but not at the expense of winning a national championship. This is probably my favorite schedule in years because it gives us 2 breaks vs two big games, and we don't have a behemoth P5 school for once.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  7. #111
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beautiful Cullman, AL
    Posts
    17,503

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    My favorite kind of game is when we win by 40+ and are subbing in 3rd stringers by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

    Seeing guys get battered and beat up and worst of all, injured for the season, is not fun in any way.

    We've got enough big games in our division alone to carry us.

  8. #112
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    10,802

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    I have this awesome story of sneaking into the National Championship game vs Georgia, and seeing the game that I will cherish for the rest of my life... that said that game was hell to live through with Dawg fans being Dawg fans and the National Championship on the line. . I often get the "Oh that must of been the greatest game to go to", "Oh you mustve had so much fun watching that game live", and "that must've been such a great atmosphere to be apart of". Well I can honestly say the only part after Tony Brown picked off Fromm that I was not a nervous wreck enough to enjoy was AFTER Tua's walkoff. But I think my biggest emotion going out was RELIEF until it sunk in at the parking lot and went home. I think most fans that want these kinda games either never been to these types of games live or are gluttons for punishment. I remember my Mom always wanting to see an exciting game because we only went to blowouts together, but after we went to Oxford in 2016 she said she had her fill for it.


    FTR I still go to the big games in which we have a chance to lose, but I'm done with hoping we stack a schedule with those types of teams after living through enough nailbiters. Ive accepted that close and tight games will and can happen, and I can sit through them. But I don't hope they happen. I've gone to every semifinal game and I remember the Cotton Bowl, an Alabama fan said he wished Michigan St would score once to make a more competitive game... I was like " WTH?!? Did you not have your fill last year with Ohio St?"


    Exciting games are to be watched after the fact in some DVD and Blue Ray collection. I think living through them live is overrated after you've done it once.

    40 point Alabama wins are the most exciting games to me.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 14th, 2019 at 09:55 AM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  9. #113
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,979

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I have this awesome story of sneaking into the National Championship game vs Georgia, and seeing the game that I will cherish for the rest of my life... that said that game was hell to live through with Dawg fans being Dawg fans and the National Championship on the line. . I often get the "Oh that must of been the greatest game to go to", "Oh you mustve had so much fun watching that game live", and "that must've been such a great atmosphere to be apart of". Well I can honestly say the only part after Tony Brown picked off Fromm that I was not a nervous wreck enough to enjoy was AFTER Tua's walkoff. But I think my biggest emotion going out was RELIEF until it sunk in at the parking lot and went home. I think most fans that want these kinda games either never been to these types of games live or are gluttons for punishment. I remember my Mom always wanting to see an exciting game because we only went to blowouts together, but after we went to Oxford in 2016 she said she had her fill for it.


    FTR I still go to the big games in which we have a chance to lose, but I'm done with hoping we stack a schedule with those types of teams after living through enough nailbiters. Ive accepted that close and tight games will and can happen, and I can sit through them. But I don't hope they happen. I've gone to every semifinal game and I remember the Cotton Bowl, an Alabama fan said he wished Michigan St would score once to make a more competitive game... I was like " WTH?!? Did you not have your fill last year with Ohio St?"


    Exciting games are to be watched after the fact in some DVD and Blue Ray collection. I think living through live is overrated.

    40 point Alabama wins are the most exciting games to me.
    I know a lot of people feel this way but I feel the opposite. Crushing OU last year or Washington in 2016 wasn't nearly as memorable and therefore enjoyable for me as Tennessee in 2009 for example. Or @ LSU in 2014.

    I also just realized every year I've seen Alabama play since I've left campus we've failed to win the championship...yikes.

  10. #114
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    10,802

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I know a lot of people feel this way but I feel the opposite. Crushing OU last year or Washington in 2016 wasn't nearly as memorable and therefore enjoyable for me as Tennessee in 2009 for example. Or @ LSU in 2014.
    .
    LSU fans get a bad rap in terms of how bad they are imo. They are nowhere as bad as how UGA, Michigan, and UF fans (Bazza you are one of the good ones) treat Alabama fans. I went to BR in the 2016 game, and they weren't that bad, just loud, whiney, and crazy. Go to an Alabama vs UGA and Florida (when they are good) in Atlanta and on their campuses and youll probably never wish for a close game again. I think close games are more tolerable at home than away, but I still find more enjoyment in lighting up the scoreboard than worrying about if we are going to win.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 14th, 2019 at 09:55 AM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  11. #115
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    10,802

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by spock* View Post

    Cupcake games offer very little in return for the risk while thereís even less incentive to televise a game with a big point spread.
    So do you count the 2017 National championship? Because Alabama was rewarded for playing Mercer while Ohio St was punished for playing Oklahoma.

    I find this whole idea insane... Lets just for argument's sake say the SEC decrees you to have 1 P5 and 3 FBS teams on the schedule. What's from stopping a 4 year plan like this?

    2020: Alabama- Oklahoma, Cincy, USM, and UTEP
    Auburn- Kansas, USA, UAB, and Nevada
    2021 Alabama- @ Oklahoma, Boise, USM, and New Mexico St
    Auburn: Iowa St, Memphis, Bowling Green, and UAB
    2022 Alabama: Ohio St, Kent St, Fresno, and Arkansas St
    Auburn: Illinois, USA, CSU, and Idaho
    2023 Alabama: @ Ohio St, Nevada, San Diego St, and Tulsa
    Auburn: Arizona, Toledo, Eastern Michigan, and Georgia St

    You know darn well folks in the SEC would be gaming the system like they already are with the p5 stipulation already in place.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  12. #116
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vinings, ga., usa
    Posts
    20,116

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    LSU fans get a bad rap in terms of how bad they are imo. They are nowhere as bad as how UGA, Michigan, and UF fans (Bazza you are one of the good ones) treat Alabama fans. I went to BR in the 2016 game, and they weren't that bad, just loud, whiney, and crazy. Go to an Alabama vs UGA and Florida (when they are good) in Atlanta and on their campuses and youll probably never wish for a close game again. I think close games are more tolerable at home than away, but I still find more enjoyment in lighting up the scoreboard than worrying about if we are going to win.
    The one thing Alabama and auburn fans agree on is uga fans are the worst.
    Architects do it with models.

    Roll Tide Roll

  13. #117
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beautiful Cullman, AL
    Posts
    17,503

    Re: 12 SEC team schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I have this awesome story of sneaking into the National Championship game vs Georgia, and seeing the game that I will cherish for the rest of my life... that said that game was hell to live through with Dawg fans being Dawg fans and the National Championship on the line. . I often get the "Oh that must of been the greatest game to go to", "Oh you mustve had so much fun watching that game live", and "that must've been such a great atmosphere to be apart of". Well I can honestly say the only part after Tony Brown picked off Fromm that I was not a nervous wreck enough to enjoy was AFTER Tua's walkoff. But I think my biggest emotion going out was RELIEF until it sunk in at the parking lot and went home. I think most fans that want these kinda games either never been to these types of games live or are gluttons for punishment. I remember my Mom always wanting to see an exciting game because we only went to blowouts together, but after we went to Oxford in 2016 she said she had her fill for it.


    FTR I still go to the big games in which we have a chance to lose, but I'm done with hoping we stack a schedule with those types of teams after living through enough nailbiters. Ive accepted that close and tight games will and can happen, and I can sit through them. But I don't hope they happen. I've gone to every semifinal game and I remember the Cotton Bowl, an Alabama fan said he wished Michigan St would score once to make a more competitive game... I was like " WTH?!? Did you not have your fill last year with Ohio St?"


    Exciting games are to be watched after the fact in some DVD and Blue Ray collection. I think living through them live is overrated after you've done it once.

    40 point Alabama wins are the most exciting games to me.
    They are not even enjoyable at home on the couch. The last 2 Georgia games were horrible to sit through until the final moments. Sure, the second halves offered glimmers as the comebacks were mounted, but it was still nerve wracking until the end. I don't enjoy that. Now, if the game doesn't involve Alabama, sure I like a good close game with a lot of back and forth. But give me massacres every time my team steps out on the field. I've never understood wanting to be like everyone else. I don't care if general college football fans enjoy Alabama games...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

2019 NFL Draft Gear