JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
The Citadel preview: Tide’s goals are to limit injuries, exposure
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 15th, 2018 02:11 AM

Games against teams like The Citadel have become a necessary evil in top-level college football. Top teams can’t play challenging games every week, because football is an emotional sport at the college level, the repercussions of a loss are too severe, and sometimes, the starters just need […]

Read More Here | Depth Chart

Last edited by a moderator:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Thanks, Jess. I hope we have our starters out by the end of the 1st quarter. How concerned are you about the cut blocks Citadel's O line will do all game? I hope our D Line does not get injured. I read an article this week from 4 years ago that when the Citadel played Florida State, 3 FSU defenders were injured due to cut blocks. One of the Citadel players bragged about it and was suspended for a game. It would be bad if our players got hurt due to this just before the Auburn/UGA/playoffs.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Wow - same exact score I predicted.
That’s never happened before, IDB.
Hope it ends up that way with no injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks, Jess. Great job as always. I do worry as much or more about the health of our DL coming out of this game as I am about Tua. I don't think any of them will play long though. I can imagine us doing a lot of running and thus a lower score that one might think. I can see us not covering and 45-7 to be about right as you predict.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
thanks for the analysis … I think we will probably score more than 50 if we want to. If Mac plays the second half, I think they will do more than just run it up the middle. I think he gets a chance to sling it a little unless he's not careful with it and I doubt they can cover our receivers.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
They're 7th in sacks allowed. They throw the ball like twice a game!!! That's not a good stat....
The Citadel preview: Tide’s goals are to limit injuries, exposure
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 15th, 2018 02:11 AM

Games against teams like The Citadel have become a necessary evil in top-level college football. Top teams can’t play challenging games every week, because football is an emotional sport at the college level, the repercussions of a loss are too severe, and sometimes, the starters just need […]

Read More Here

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
They're 7th in sacks allowed. They throw the ball like twice a game!!! That's not a good stat....
Did you happen to miss how well they do in preventing tackles for loss, as well? That's a run-blocking stat and they're very good at it.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Thanks, Jess. I hope we have our starters out by the end of the 1st quarter. How concerned are you about the cut blocks Citadel's O line will do all game? I hope our D Line does not get injured. I read an article this week from 4 years ago that when the Citadel played Florida State, 3 FSU defenders were injured due to cut blocks. One of the Citadel players bragged about it and was suspended for a game. It would be bad if our players got hurt due to this just before the Auburn/UGA/playoffs.
Extremely.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I did, and you are 100% correct. I just thought that it was an unusual stat to tout when you throw the ball that little. I am very apprehensive going into this game due to their run blocking techniques and ability...Absolutely didn't mean to offend...RTR!!!
Did you happen to miss how well they do in preventing tackles for loss, as well? That's a run-blocking stat and they're very good at it.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm going to the game tomorrow and really hope to see a lot of the back up players get 3 quarters worth of work. I just don't see an advantage to playing guys who are banged up and have two really tough games the next two weeks. Tua is not the only one hurting this far into the season. Coaches know a lot more than I know but Jess stated up front the main concern: we don't want to get anyone injured.

Good job as always Jess. You're really good at what you do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.