OU hunt for DC

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Yes, Ga. had much better success defensively the 2nd half, partly due to adjustments and partly due to conservative play calling by L.R. but the lead we had should have, would have held with a decent D. Even then we had the lead and a stop on the Ga. final drive wins the game. Reminded me of Nebraska's final game winning drive in the '71 game of the century.For what it's worth the scuttlebutt is a Golding deal is all but done @ $1.2 mil. and he will have total control of defensive staffing decisions. It's being rumored he wants to bring your D-back coach with him. I cannot verify any of this but that's the talk from this end.The hire would be announced after the CCG weekend.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Hello Bama Fans, and OU Sooner here, BUT before you pass me off, please know I lived in Alabama as a child, Clanton, Alabama and have fond memories there; I'm much older now, and since I was born in Ark. my blood does run red in every direction. I've always admired the times we've played each other, (I can say that from either side, :) ), the respect and quality of people bespeaks what we put on the field. I've heard we may be interested in Golding from Coach Saban's staff, if so, I hope it works out well. This is crunch time for all and I think Bama has to still be the favorite going into this weekend. I'm sure you all are enjoying the run you are on and its got to be a wonderful feeling as winning and championships are. If you guys are okay, with it I'll check on here from time to time and add or not as a regular guest member. Just a tid bit about me; I rec'd a national athletic award as a Jr. in high school back in the day and was recruited by Oklahoma, Okla. State and others till a medical problem caused me to have to quit playing, broke my heart, so I've lived it every play of every team I enjoy so much; I have a grandson from Miss. who was recruited by Nick's staff a while back and all the other SEC schools, family issues prevailed on him so he stayed home and ran the business....talk about one that got away, wow. Anyway, I wanted to say Hello and say a bit as an intro to myself, former Bama resident......shout out to you, Hello.
Welcome, Seven! I currently reside near Clanton.

We won't pass you off if you are as classy as Owen is... :D

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Not to sound flippant, but if Golding goes to OU and takes our DB coach with him, then CNS will pull out his Rolodex (how is that for old school) and find replacements.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Flippant?...ha! It's a fact no doubt. Saban is amazing and as I've said his accomplishments at Alabama may never be matched. No Tide fan I know, before Saban arrived in T-town, would have ever thought a coach would come along and be considered better than Bryant.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
$1.2 million and full control if true will probably be enough to lure him away. Just hope a deal is worked out where we can retain him through the NCG if we were to get that far.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not to sound flippant, but if Golding goes to OU and takes our DB coach with him, then CNS will pull out his Rolodex (how is that for old school) and find replacements.
Why are you suggesting he take Karl Scott?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yes, Ga. had much better success defensively the 2nd half, partly due to adjustments and partly due to conservative play calling by L.R. but the lead we had should have, would have held with a decent D. Even then we had the lead and a stop on the Ga. final drive wins the game. Reminded me of Nebraska's final game winning drive in the '71 game of the century.For what it's worth the scuttlebutt is a Golding deal is all but done @ $1.2 mil. and he will have total control of defensive staffing decisions. It's being rumored he wants to bring your D-back coach with him. I cannot verify any of this but that's the talk from this end.The hire would be announced after the CCG weekend.
Just repeating what Owen stated.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
For what it's worth the scuttlebutt is a Golding deal is all but done @ $1.2 mil. and he will have total control of defensive staffing decisions. It's being rumored he wants to bring your D-back coach with him. I cannot verify any of this but that's the talk from this end.The hire would be announced after the CCG weekend.
Sorry, Nick Saban isn’t going to Oklahoma. ;)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
$1.2 million and full control if true will probably be enough to lure him away. Just hope a deal is worked out where we can retain him through the NCG if we were to get that far.
I am tired of losing coaches every year. You’d think other schools would give our coaches at least 2yrs to see what they do. I guess Saban has that Midas touch though.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Must be something in the water out there—Okie State doesn’t play D either.
The best players play offense. We joke about moving guys to linebacker, in the big twelve they move from linebacker. I bet right now on every big twelve team the best corner is the slot receiver. The defenses get the leftovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Remember guys, what I'm repeating is at this point pure speculation and rumor. Alabama's incredible success under Saban will always make the program vulnerable to poaching. It's a real compliment to what I would consider the greatest coaching run in college football history. One other point I'd make about the debate over TUA vs KYLER. They are both generational talents but the one thing Kyler deals with that TUA doesn't is the albatross around his neck that is the OU D. Kyler knows that every time he steps on the field it's on him to win the game. His calm cool demeanor belies the incredible load he carrys for this flawed team. I think it just may catch up with him next Fri. In the WV mountains.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.