Charleston Classic Game 1: Alabama - Northeastern (1 pm CT) - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Charleston Classic Game 1: Alabama - Northeastern (1 pm CT)

3-19 vs 9-17 in three pointers. 16% vs 53% The zone kills Alabama. Other teams have players who can catch and shoot. I hope not, but this could be another year of waiting for shooters to arrive with the next class.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    It's not that we lost to Northeastern - it's that we were never in the game. I have a lot more thoughts but will save them until a few more games have played out..
    Agreed.

While I don't want to lose to a team from the Colonial, I can understand losing to one that is very good and has experienced veterans. This game was just bad. It's the type performance that will leave a very bad taste in fans' mouths and is ammo to those that like hot seat talk.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I thought Bama's defense was pretty good early while the offense took just under 5 minutes to score a point. Bama allowed Northeastern to put them to sleep.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

I don't even know what to say.

How can we (year after year) be so poor at basic fundamentals?

I like CAJ as far as his passion and enthusiasm goes and he was a phenomenal player.......but I'm not sure that he knows how to coach/teach a team.

Losses like this should not happen at this point.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I am glad I forgot about this one. It is going to be a long year.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

I had assumed this game to be a win with two big challenges coming up in the next few days. What a disappointment.
    For some reason I had let myself get hopeful of having only 1 or 2 losses before conference play.
    Bama 934-320-44 73.6% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    I had assumed this game to be a win with two big challenges coming up in the next few days. What a disappointment.
    For some reason I had let myself get hopeful of having only 1 or 2 losses before conference play.
    Why, though?

The line for the game was 4. ESPN's win probability for Alabama was 68%.

Again, I'm not happy with the loss. Primarily because the way it happened. Why do some just assume Alabama is going to beat a team like Northeastern, though?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

It seems like we are not developing players. If they have mad skills, we let them play but there isnít a lot of development happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation First Team Lost in TN's Avatar

I can take a loss, even a blowout loss, but the lack of hustle and display of no sense of urgency is hard to handle. This team is not near talented enough to coast. They better be able to play their A Game every night. Shooting comes and goes, but DEFENSE Travels! They better learn how to defend against the 3 point shot. Pitiful performance all the way around.

BamaNation Second Team Bama Shoals's Avatar

I want so bad for Bama basketball to be good again and fun to watch. But it's just not happening! Another year of watching bad shooting and sub par ball.
    "Then I said unto them, What is the high place whereunto ye go? And the name thereof is called Bamah unto this day." Ezekiel 20:29
    Proof that the Crimson Tide is the only team to pull for in college football!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Why, though?

The line for the game was 4. ESPN's win probability for Alabama was 68%.

Again, I'm not happy with the loss. Primarily because the way it happened. Why do some just assume Alabama is going to beat a team like Northeastern, though?
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but CAJ has been in T-town long enough to recruit a few solid classes, and we have some seasoned vets who should know how to bring consistent effort to the court for each game. I was hoping that we were to the point where we could assume that we will beat a team like this. Unfortunately, it seems that we are not. One game does not a season make, but this is definitely one that leaves a bad taste and makes me think in the back of my mind, "Oh no, here we go again." It's funny because I was just watching the Purdue v. App St. game and was wanting to see how Purdue was doing against them when I saw today's Bama score. I felt a bit deflated.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Agreed.

While I don't want to lose to a team from the Colonial, I can understand losing to one that is very good and has experienced veterans. This game was just bad. It's the type performance that will leave a very bad taste in fans' mouths and is ammo to those that like hot seat talk.
    Who likes hot seat talk.....I know I don't. And I'm sure I'm one of the folks you were aiming that at. But -- geez.....this game is about progress.....and I'm not sure how much progress we are seeing. We still have no scorers.....the freshman can, but he's young. MAYBE Ingram -- but he has no touch.....so it's more bull in china shop as he drives the lane.

When Bama has been good is when we have 2-3 people who can score consistently. We just don't have that. I put that on Avery.....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Bad effort and lack of focus throughout the game. NE could move the ball around. Our offensive movement was way too slow. Donte Hall was invisible. Hopefully, we will improve.