Link: Couple, homeless man accused of setting up GoFundMe campaign 'predicated on a lie'

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

There are some words that could be used here.

A New Jersey couple and a homeless man have been accused of making up a feel-good story that raised more than $400,000 through GoFundMe.

The couple, Kate McClure and Mark D'Amico, and the man, Johnny Bobbitt Jr., face charges of second-degree theft by deception and conspiracy to commit theft by deception, Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina said Thursday.

The couple had said they met Bobbitt when he gave his last $20 to McClure, who was stranded on Interstate 95 in Philadelphia, so she could put gas in her car, then started the GoFundMe campaign as a way to thank him.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
They would have got away with it, too, if greed hadn’t got in the way. I hope all the people who donated get their money back, and I hope these dirtbags do many years in jail.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
They would have got away with it, too, if greed hadn’t got in the way. I hope all the people who donated get their money back, and I hope these dirtbags do many years in jail.
Go Fund Me will be reimbursing all donors, according to World News Tonight, Jessica.

Agree....these people need to do hard time.....

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The con is now the road to the American Dream. One need look no further than D.C. to see it on display, every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.