Link: LSU settles buyout with Les Miles. (per ESPN)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Les doesn't seem to be a good fit in the Big 12...as has been noted. This should be interesting as other jobs have to be coming open as well...the sad aspect is that just about any job south of Tuscaloosa is a step down from where he was...imho he was/is a better all around coach than O.
Actually, he came from the Big 12. He had a very good stint at OK State...:cool:

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
So the reason for taking 1.5 million instead of 6.5 million I am guessing that the contract called for him not coaching while he is getting paid by LSU?
Seems like you'd wait until you actually have the job before you take the cut.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Seems like you'd wait until you actually have the job before you take the cut.
Just who is Les's agent to have agreed to that?!? :conf3:

If Les did this on his own, then the AD (any AD) should really have second thoughts on hiring this clown...:rolleye2:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Les must be a serious contender for the Kansas job to agree to take a lot less and cut ties with LSU. He was scheduled to be paid through 2023. I'm not sure forfeiting that mailbox money is worth taking the Kansas job.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-les-miles-reach-15-million-buyout-agreement
It's not worth it. Unless you love coaching as much as Les apparently does. I'd like to see him somewhere else with a greater chance of winning. However, Mark Mangino had them at 11-1 and playing in the Orange Bowl one year. I know his stint there ended badly, I'm just pointing out that success is not impossible at Kansas.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, that was why he got canned from LSU in the first place...:biggrin2:
Sure, but I suspect this is a life lesson that will serve him well. Kinda like Saban when the game looked like it was passing him by - he was proactive, Miles wasn't. Doesn't mean LM can't adapt.

People seem to ignore that if Saban had stayed in the NFL, Miles would likely be considered a legend at this point. Dude can coach football, just has to get past the stubbornness (like Saban did).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.