Weird News: Animal activist who threw fisherman's catch back in the water goes on trial

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Heh. Florida.

Is he aware that many animals eat other animals? I think he should try to take food away from a bear or a shark and see how that turns out.

The saga of St. Petersburg’s most internet famous flying fish will likely close today, more than a year after it began with animal activist Michael Leaming launching a tilapia into Crescent Lake.

Leaming, 32, is charged with “interference with taking of fish,” a violation of Florida statute 379.105, and has a non-jury trial scheduled in Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court in Clearwater this afternoon.

In July of 2017, a family was fishing from a concrete platform at Crescent Lake Park and had caught the tilapia when Leaming’s young son approached and said, “Did you know that fish feel pain?”

Seconds later, Mike Leaming confronted the family, asking what if it was a dog, or a human child on the concrete. He then grabbed the fish and launched it back into the water, shouting, “Call the police! I just saved a fish’s life, how about that? How about that?”
http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-d...water-on-trial-in-clearwater-friday-20181115/

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The actual incident happened more than a year ago; I remember reading about it at the time. I also think these same clowns stormed a local Chick-fil-a about this time and caused quite the scene. Some people just need to get their arses kicked.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.