Bama Baseball signs Top 10 Class

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
10th in the nation equals 6th in the SEC, as Florida (1), Vanderbilt (2nd), LSU (3rd), Mississippi State (6th), and Auburn (9th), all were ranked ahead of the Tide. Texas A&M is ranked 12th, giving the SEC seven of the top 12 classes in the nation.
SMH. Steep hill to climb, but I think we have the right coach to lead the way.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Steep hill, but it'll be easier to climb if we're signing classes in the top half of the SEC instead of 12-14 (and hopefully getting them on campus)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
What kinda scholarships do we give the stud players? The rank and file get 25%?
When I played D1 a long time ago the studs got tuition, room and books and had to get their own food (75% basically) and this was rare. My nephew plays at UNA and they give him a check and he applies it to whatever. I really don't know how it is now done at SEC schools.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
When I played D1 a long time ago the studs got tuition, room and books and had to get their own food (75% basically) and this was rare. My nephew plays at UNA and they give him a check and he applies it to whatever. I really don't know how it is now done at SEC schools.
They really need to fix this makes no sense not to give out at least 20 full scholarships.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
They really need to fix this makes no sense not to give out at least 20 full scholarships.
Current NCAA rules mandate schools can award 11.7 scholarships. They can be divided between a maximum of 27 players, with all players on athletic scholarship having to receive a minimum of a 25% scholarship. The 11.7 figure is valued on in state tuition. Therefore, an out of state kid awarded 25% is really getting like 10%.

If BAMA would give in state tuition to all scholarship recipients like UGA and several other lottery state schools, we’d be able to compete more.

I know a couple of years ago Goff gave 2 kids 100% and one was an out of state kid. So basically that kid took the $$$ equal to about 2.25 of our 11.7.

I understand Title IX and the good it has done. However, it also hurt men’s athletes who are not football players. Women’s Gymnastics gets 12 full scholarships, women’s basketball gets 15 vs 12 for men. IMO, baseball should jump to 18 and level the playing field by telling teams like UGA, if you give an athlete in state, you must give every student in state.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.