Bama Baseball signs Top 10 Class
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Bama Baseball signs Top 10 Class

Bohannon going to work. Hopefully all these guys make it onto campus. The #1 SS and #6 overall player has not signed yet and would think he signs a contract.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/11...-top-ten-class

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Re: Bama Baseball signs Top 10 Class

10th in the nation equals 6th in the SEC, as Florida (1), Vanderbilt (2nd), LSU (3rd), Mississippi State (6th), and Auburn (9th), all were ranked ahead of the Tide. Texas A&M is ranked 12th, giving the SEC seven of the top 12 classes in the nation.
    SMH. Steep hill to climb, but I think we have the right coach to lead the way.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation First Team

Steep hill, but it'll be easier to climb if we're signing classes in the top half of the SEC instead of 12-14 (and hopefully getting them on campus)

BamaNation All-SEC

We can work with that and begin turning this thing around.

Rtr

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Bohannon going to work. Hopefully all these guys make it onto campus. The #1 SS and #6 overall player has not signed yet and would think he signs a contract.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/11...-top-ten-class
    BTW the only 2 not to sign on signing day, Abrams and Sparks did sign with Bama. Things are looking up!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

What kinda scholarships do we give the stud players? The rank and file get 25%?
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    What kinda scholarships do we give the stud players? The rank and file get 25%?
    When I played D1 a long time ago the studs got tuition, room and books and had to get their own food (75% basically) and this was rare. My nephew plays at UNA and they give him a check and he applies it to whatever. I really don't know how it is now done at SEC schools.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    When I played D1 a long time ago the studs got tuition, room and books and had to get their own food (75% basically) and this was rare. My nephew plays at UNA and they give him a check and he applies it to whatever. I really don't know how it is now done at SEC schools.
    They really need to fix this makes no sense not to give out at least 20 full scholarships.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    They really need to fix this makes no sense not to give out at least 20 full scholarships.
    Current NCAA rules mandate schools can award 11.7 scholarships. They can be divided between a maximum of 27 players, with all players on athletic scholarship having to receive a minimum of a 25% scholarship. The 11.7 figure is valued on in state tuition. Therefore, an out of state kid awarded 25% is really getting like 10%.

If BAMA would give in state tuition to all scholarship recipients like UGA and several other lottery state schools, we’d be able to compete more.

I know a couple of years ago Goff gave 2 kids 100% and one was an out of state kid. So basically that kid took the $$$ equal to about 2.25 of our 11.7.

I understand Title IX and the good it has done. However, it also hurt men’s athletes who are not football players. Women’s Gymnastics gets 12 full scholarships, women’s basketball gets 15 vs 12 for men. IMO, baseball should jump to 18 and level the playing field by telling teams like UGA, if you give an athlete in state, you must give every student in state.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban