First experience in "the Zone"

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Scored some tickets last week to watch the MSU game in The Zone. I may be ruined. I have seen Titans and Predators games from corporate boxes, the experience at BDS blows them both away.

The Good:
-Lot A had a lot of fun folks tailgaiting
- The food in the box was outstanding
- The pour room. I spent 6 years as a student at Bama trying to sneak booze into the stadium, now they have a pour room!
- It was warm inside after the sun went down.
- Getting out of the stadium was a breeze.

The not as good:
-The biggest negative was that the fans where we were sitting outside were not very involved in the game. We were asked a few times to sit down, even though it was a big third down! We were even asked to sit during the MSU missed extra point...
- You do miss out on some of the "game experience" if you stay inside too much.

I don't know what the waiting list/ cost/ procedure for getting season tickets for the zone, but well worth it if you can swing it. We had a blast.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...The biggest negative was that the fans where we were sitting outside were not very involved in the game. We were asked a few times to sit down, even though it was a big third down! We were even asked to sit during the MSU missed extra point...
I would have simply laughed.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
I would have simply laughed.
I was tempted. I also thought about recommending they stand and cheer, but it was an older lady with approximately 129 blankets piled on her. I don't know how she didn't smother.

the one that irritated me was a guy sitting behind AND ACROSS THE ISLE from us. MSU had the ball on our end in the corner. We were standing, along with the 5 rows in front of us, and this guy gets out of his seat walks down to where we were standing, and tell us they cant see through us. I told him that since he was up out of his seat anyway, he may as well cheer. He didn't really have a reply to that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sat in each Zone once this year and loved both. I am glad that you had a good time. My games - the weather was hot. A ton of folks never took their seats - they just stayed inside and watched along the glass or on the TV screens. Yeah, it was hot (REALLY HOT), but you spent all of that money on the seats. SMH

I had no problem seeing exactly what was happening on every play, and was able to tell very clearly how many yards were gained on each play. It was harder to tell if yards were lost when the play was on the far side of the field - too many linemen in the way.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I can't stand end zone seats, it's hard to tell if they get 1 yard or 10 yards.
How bad is your eyesight??? ;-)

It is slightly more difficult to tell exactly how close to the first-down marker a runner gets but it's really nice being able to see the O-Line splits and how the run fits and/or route trees develop on plays. In some ways, you can see much more of the play from the end-zone view than from the 50-yard-line.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
That's a pile of money to be able to sit in the end zone. I'll stick with my seats on the west side, at a fraction of the cost, every time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That's a pile of money to be able to sit in the end zone. I'll stick with my seats on the west side, at a fraction of the cost, every time.
Try it for the spring game. Only $40 per seat. Not as many food options, but still awesome, and a guaranteed good seat.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
We love the Zone. Usually go to a game a year with tickets there. Haven't had the opportunity this year, so if anyone has any for the Iron Bowl--hit me up! haha!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.