Link: In one tweet Democratic congressman explains the importance of the Second Amendment

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Some of these guys, it's really just hard to see how they get elected, Republican and Democrat. Our representative here believes that sea level rise is being caused by rocks falling into the sea...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Some of these guys, it's really just hard to see how they get elected, Republican and Democrat. Our representative here believes that sea level rise is being caused by rocks falling into the sea...
Wait.....are you saying they don't?????

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Or maybe all the rain....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In at least half of the districts, once you are in you’re in as long as you want. The only concern is a primary challenge from an extremist.

I couldn’t stand Roy Moore and couldn’t tolerate Luther Strange but there was no way I was voting for Mo in the Senate primary last year. I’ll vote for Sessions over him if they both run in 2020.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
In at least half of the districts, once you are in you’re in as long as you want. The only concern is a primary challenge from an extremist.

I couldn’t stand Roy Moore and couldn’t tolerate Luther Strange but there was no way I was voting for Mo in the Senate primary last year. I’ll vote for Sessions over him if they both run in 2020.

End gerrymandering!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

So - you don’t like Trump the racist, but you like Sessions the racist?
Sessions is the poorer Southern version of Trump. His upbringing (southern) won’t let him talk like Trump, but at his core they are twins. Never mind he lied to Congress under oath.
This is just the kind of insane partisanship that has us in the mess we’re in now. “I don’t like this racist, but I like that racist.”
“I used to think the Klan was OK until I learned that they smoked pot.” - Sessions
And no, it wasn’t a joke.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ff-sessionss-comments-on-race-for-the-record/

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I said I would take him over Mo Brooks. If any decent Republican has a chance I will vote for them. I will probably vote for Doug Jones in the general, but I fear that will be a Quixotic vote.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I said I would take him over Mo Brooks. If any decent Republican has a chance I will vote for them. I will probably vote for Doug Jones in the general, but I fear that will be a Quixotic vote.

Jones has a solid chance of beating any Republican, including Sessions.
He’s working now to find some way to deal with a disease affecting deer, which is environmentally long lasting and can be passed to humans.
I don’t think Trumpers who are hunters will forget it, even though he may not win the vote of many of them. But every little bit helps.
Jones is saying and doing all the right things to get re-elected in Alabama. No one thought he would win initially, either, because he was somewhat unknown.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Jones barely beat Roy Moore, who was a bad candidate before the allegations came out. I don’t think he has a snowball’s chance of winning.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't understand it either. Hank Johnson got re-elected. The same man that thought Guam was going to literally tip over got re-elected and because of the area where he is running, he will continue to get re-elected.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Jones barely beat Roy Moore, who was a bad candidate before the allegations came out. I don’t think he has a snowball’s chance of winning.

It was a special election. Dems do better (typically) with larger turnout, which will happen in 2020.
Right now, Sessions still has leprosy, as far as the Trumpers I know. I don’t think he beats Jones.
Bradley Byrne is another issue altogether. But the biggest topic in 2020 won’t be immigration, it will be healthcare. Both Sessions and Byrne will fail that test, if that’s the primary concern of Alabama voters.
Jones is slow walking the issue, so far.
We’ll see.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Trump will be on the ballot. And most people in this state are too lazy to do more than vote straight ticket. As popular as Trump is, I don’t see Jones beating Sessions. I admire your optimism, but I’m just being realistic.

I don’t know who else will run for the seat. Richard Shelby will be 88 in 2022, when his term is up. Of course, he could die or resign for health reasons before then. Some may wait until then if he retires. We will likely lose a House seat that year, so that could play a factor in who decides to try to move up.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Not trying to pick on anyone here but, I laugh at anyone that thinks Jones has a shot in 2 years. He barely beat Moore with the controversy, it would have been a landslide win for Moore without it. Sessions will crush him. I have zero faith in this state doing the right thing, just look at the election a few weeks ago. Just put an “R” next to your name and you don’t even have to campaign in this state.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not trying to pick on anyone here but, I laugh at anyone that thinks Jones has a shot in 2 years. He barely beat Moore with the controversy, it would have been a landslide win for Moore without it. Sessions will crush him. I have zero faith in this state doing the right thing, just look at the election a few weeks ago. Just put an “R” next to your name and you don’t even have to campaign in this state.
which is of course why the Alabama GOP is so astonishingly corrupt, they have no incentive not to be. Stupid Alabamians keep electing them

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
That was before black women came out and voted.
Laugh if you want. That special election had a miserable turnout and Jones still won. It was only close because Jones was an unknown - he won’t be in two years. And a lot depends on where the country is in two years. Two years of older whites racists gone, two years of younger voters in the mix.
All I said was he had a shot - no Republican landslide. Look no further than Texas - if that doesn’t tell you anything, then you’re just not paying attention.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.