I'm a new guest member, wanted to say hello and introduce myself

Sevenmm

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2018
Hello Bama Fans, an OU Sooner here, BUT before you pass me off, please know I lived in Alabama as a child, Clanton, Alabama and have fond memories there; I'm much older now, and since I was born in Ark. my blood does run red in every direction. I've always admired the times we've played each other, (I can say that from either side, :) ), the respect and quality of people bespeaks what we put on the field.
I've heard we may be interested in Golding from Coach Saban's staff, if so, I hope it works out well. This is crunch time for all and I think Bama has to still be the favorite going into this weekend. I'm sure you all are enjoying the run you are on and its got to be a wonderful feeling as winning and championships are. If you guys are okay, with it I'll check on here from time to time and add or not as a regular guest member. Just a tid bit about me; I rec'd a national athletic award as a Jr. in high school back in the day and was recruited by Oklahoma, Okla. State and others till a medical problem caused me to have to quit playing, broke my heart, so I've lived it every play of every team I enjoy so much; I have a grandson from Miss. who was recruited by Nick's staff a while back and all the other SEC schools, family issues prevailed on him so he stayed home and ran the business....talk about one that got away, wow. Anyway, I wanted to say Hello and say a bit as an intro to myself, former Bama resident......shout out to you, Hello.

I'm retired and living in Arizona now; man real football feels so far away............

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Welcome and Roll Tide! We've got a few Sooners on here already and we're pretty friendly. As far as the rumor about Golding, he's only been with us this season and he is our co-DC with Tosh Lupoi. The Big12 is kind of rough on the defensive side of the ball so I hope you get the right coach.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Good morning - maybe Tidefans will start a thread for Sooners akin to what there is for Auburn - Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here).

This site attracts fans who roam off their reservation - Ohio State, Auburn, and Oklahoma, for example. LSU used to be here more but they had typing issues!

Illustrates what a special place Tidefans is in college football boards. Much like Alabama football, it is the best.

Roll Tide.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Welcome, Sevenmm! Glad you're here. We like getting perspective from fans of other schools.

Given the friendly tone of your first post, this might not be necessary, but I'll offer it up anyway: We're a bit different from other boards you might visit in that we're serious about the rules around smack talk, profanity and trolling.

Read the FAQ, abide by the rules, and you'll be a valued member of TF.

Looking forward to your perspective.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Welcome Sevenmm. Tidefans is an excellent site with knowledgeable football fans who love Alabama and college football. As 4Q said above, abide by the rules and you will become a valued member. Boomer Sooner.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Welcome to the party, 7mm.

You probably have seen enough of the board to know kind of how things run around here and the family friendly ambiance that's rigorously maintained (thanks mods!). As suggested above, check the rules and FAQs, if you haven't already. It will save you a lot of trouble in the future.

Good luck with your DC search.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just to be clear, we encourage serious debate. It's just that how you express an idea is as important as the idea itself.

If, for example, I say, "That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. You're an idiot," I'll get suspended quicker than I can hit the Enter key. Depending on my history on such things, I might get banned outright.

But if I say, "I saw that differently....here's why," and continue to state my position in a civil tone, well, that's one of the great things about TF....we learn from one another.

Glad you're here. Given your and your nephew's experiences, I'll love your perspective on recruiting when that heats up in a Few weeks.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Welcome, I met a bunch of OU fans in Tuscaloosa when we played OU under shula, we lost late. BUT the OU fans were very nice, seemed to love the fact we both shared a lot of winning traditions. Some very fine folks you all sent over to the game, they did your team and program proud. Need more fans like that is college football.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Welcome, I met a bunch of OU fans in Tuscaloosa when we played OU under shula, we lost late. BUT the OU fans were very nice, seemed to love the fact we both shared a lot of winning traditions. Some very fine folks you all sent over to the game, they did your team and program proud. Need more fans like that is college football.
Mrs. Basket Case and I went to the previous game in Norman. 2001? 2002? I know it was under fRan. Anyway, we lost that one late, too. But I have to say, it was the most fun I've ever had in a loss. Good fans.

Still remember when they curb stomped that scumbag after his de-camping to aTm, 77-0, and played Yea Alabama at the end. Always appreciated that.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Hello Bama Fans, an OU Sooner here, BUT before you pass me off, please know I lived in Alabama as a child, Clanton, Alabama and have fond memories there; I'm much older now, and since I was born in Ark. my blood does run red in every direction. I've always admired the times we've played each other, (I can say that from either side, :) ), the respect and quality of people bespeaks what we put on the field.
I've heard we may be interested in Golding from Coach Saban's staff, if so, I hope it works out well. This is crunch time for all and I think Bama has to still be the favorite going into this weekend. I'm sure you all are enjoying the run you are on and its got to be a wonderful feeling as winning and championships are. If you guys are okay, with it I'll check on here from time to time and add or not as a regular guest member. Just a tid bit about me; I rec'd a national athletic award as a Jr. in high school back in the day and was recruited by Oklahoma, Okla. State and others till a medical problem caused me to have to quit playing, broke my heart, so I've lived it every play of every team I enjoy so much; I have a grandson from Miss. who was recruited by Nick's staff a while back and all the other SEC schools, family issues prevailed on him so he stayed home and ran the business....talk about one that got away, wow. Anyway, I wanted to say Hello and say a bit as an intro to myself, former Bama resident......shout out to you, Hello.

I'm retired and living in Arizona now; man real football feels so far away............
Golding is a good coach, but he has only been at Alabama this year.
As I see it, the OK problem is they are very good on Offense, at the expense of everything else. If OK is serious about rejoining the Championship contenders, It starts with recruiting the best Offensive Coaches, Paying them better than other schools would pay. OK would have to make a commitment to do what it takes to have a quality Defense.
Lastly OK would have to go after the very best Defensive recruits available.
AND...
Great Defenses aren't built overnight. It would take a long term commitment by OK.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Welcome!! I see Bazza beat me to the 7mm angle. I'm guessing you are a hunter of large game. It's also my cartridge of choice for deer here in the state that borders the northern edge of Alabama. ;) Look forward to your posts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.