Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Citadel...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
There was nothing to gain from this game except gate revenue, and nothing else was gained.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
It was good to see Jalen play. Gives the Barn something to think about.
Tua set a few records, including he now has a record 4 games this season with 300 yards passing.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hope the three in the locker room, Alex, Deonte, and Damien can all go next week. I thought cut blocks down the field were supposed to be illegal now. Am I misinformed?
You are correct. But what do teams like the Citadel have to lose in taking out a player or two from the #1 team. I oppose playing teams like this late...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Citadel is full of guys who are future 2LTs who will be leading young men in the military. They're scrappy and not going to quit. Maybe schedule some civilian FCS programs in the future LOL

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
One thing about the option game, it has us dialed in for run tackling for sure. Hope our secondary steps up for passing now. Time to zoom in on Stidham and shut him down, and IB will be a big win.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I have been saying this for weeks. No more FG's also, either go for it or punt.
I don't know. The kid made a 49 yarder last week. I just think he was as mentally unprepared as the rest of the team seemed to be in the first half. I just don't understand missing XP's though. Looked like he kept changing the angle that he came thru the ball.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Few things I saw in the game:

Before 1st half, Tua on the rollout should've kept going, instead of stopping. He would've had a touchdown, that would've give us 14-10 going into half time.

The two touchdown we gave up- Savion Smith were responsible for that. I've noticed that he doesn't give extra effort to make plays the last few weeks. He is talented player, but need to get him together. Auburn, Georgia and Clemson will go after him on 50/50 plays.

The running game improved throughout the game, but I thought they weren't prepared mentally.

Tua and Jalen looked great today. I expect them to play a lot against Auburn game.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Congrats to B1GTide and Bazza on their wins!
I've got to hand it to Coach Saban, he was exactly right about this game. I'm just happy Tua and Jalen could play! RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.