Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Citadel...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Tua is knocking on the door of several records right now with up to 4 games left to play....

Passing TD's Single Season - 31 (1st)
Total TD's Single Season - 35 (2nd) - Record is 36 by Jalen 2016

Passing Yards Single Season - 2,865 (6th) Record is 3,487 by Sims 2014
Total Offense Single Season - 3,050 (3rd) Record is 3,837 by Sims 2014

Career Total TD's - 48 (42 Passing + 6 Rushing) (4th) Record is 80 by AJ
Career Passing TD's - 42 (4th) Record is 77 by AJ

TD's in a Single Game - 5 (Tied for 1st)

Amount of 4 TD passing games in one season - 4 times (Tied for 1st w/ 2012 AJ)

Jmho but Tua will own ALL of these records after next year by a wide margin.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The two touchdown we gave up- Savion Smith were responsible for that. I've noticed that he doesn't give extra effort to make plays the last few weeks. He is talented player, but need to get him together. Auburn, Georgia and Clemson will go after him on 50/50 plays.
They said on the radio that Thompson was responsible for the first one.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Tua also had his 4th 300+ yard passing game of the season today which is another Alabama record. A.J. McCarron, Jay Barker, and Gary Hollingsworth had previously done it 3 times in a season.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm just glad they didn't cut block or late hit Saban during the post game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After seeing the UGA QB just almost taken out with a high/low to the back of his knees, I agree with Saban that there needs to be more done to protect the QB. Also, It wouldn't bother me to see cut blocks just taken out of the game altogether. I'm tired of the whine that it's the big leveler between dominant and inferior teams. The one which almost cost us (?) DT was an illegal cut block. If they're all illegal, then the officials don't have to split hairs, just like pop passes. Make it one yard, like the pros, and it's an easy call. I don't have any patience with this "Din it wawnt be football no more" response. Protect the players or you soon won't have it at all, period. Maiming-type football will be a game of the past...

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Do NOT care about how they played, I'd leave that up to the coaches and the players themselves. All I care about is the health of the players--first and foremost---and the W.

In the words of a former Atlanta Falcon and former WCW Champ, hey Auburn...............YOU'RE NEXT. This is gonna be a LONG week.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
After seeing the UGA QB just almost taken out with a high/low to the back of his knees, I agree with Saban that there needs to be more done to protect the QB. Also, It wouldn't bother me to see cut blocks just taken out of the game altogether. I'm tired of the whine that it's the big leveler between dominant and inferior teams. The one which almost cost us (?) DT was an illegal cut block. If they're all illegal, then the officials don't have to split hairs, just like pop passes. Make it one yard, like the pros, and it's an easy call. I don't have any patience with this "Din it wawnt be football no more" response. Protect the players or you soon won't have it at all, period. Maiming-type football will be a game of the past...
I completely agree about eliminating cut blocks. The cut block is just a dirty play, it's dangerous, and it needs to be taken out of the game.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I saw a tweet that said most all of our players and some of the coaching staff didn’t stay on the field to shake The Citadel players hands. Can anyone shed light on this? I didn’t see it if so.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
By explanation, I don't consider they played an honorable game, any more than MSU did last weekend...
They only went high on Tua, but otherwise I agree. They were talking smack the entire game, making hits well after the play was over, and I just cannot respect a team that has to use cut blocks to move the ball.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I wasn't paying close enough attention to see exactly who or how many but I do know there was a big group of players milling around midfield shaking hands. I also know it got really chippy out there, I presume it was because of the cut blocking - especially those on players downfield or not otherwise involved in the play. I think our guys had taken about all of that kind of play that they were going to endure, so it was good the game ended when it did.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I feel like the NCAA should be the one that er on the side of safety. Right now it is the NFL. Our rules should be more protective to save both the student athlete and the future NFL player from unnecessary injuries.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.