Game Thread: Maryland vs TOSU game thread

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
You can make all the arguments you want but to me, any coach who goes for 2 to end a game in OT has stones.......because that's what it takes!
And I'd put good money on the fact that he usually goes home with his big stones a loser.

Actually, I'm starting to get curious as to what those statistics might actually be. I'd think you'd lose at least 75% of the time.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
And I'd put good money on the fact that he usually goes home with his big stones a loser.

Actually, I'm starting to get curious as to what those statistics might actually be. I'd think you'd lose at least 75% of the time.
Is the argument 2 PT conversion success overall or 2PT conversion for the win ONLY. Because wasn't chip sitting at over 80% success rates in his tenure with Oregon, who went for it several times per game?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Here are the Ducks stats on extra points and two point conversions since 2008 through 2016 (according to cfbstats.com):
XP: 576/589 (97.8%)
2 pt: 29/52 (57.7%)
Using these numbers we can see the expected points per attempt for both extra points and two point conversions:
E[XP] = .978*1 = .978 pts/XP
E[2pt] = .577*2 = 1.114 pts/2pt

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I don't share the affliction he does, so while I'll be critical of his character, I'll not be critical of his response to physical pain.
Oh I agree. I was just commenting that he must really be in some kind of pain. I hope he gets it taken care of. If he is constantly wincing like that I wonder if he still has pressure on his brain.

I know a lot of y’all like to hate Urban or think he is shady or something. I don’t have any animosity towards him.

Was just pulling for chaos today for fun.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Here are the Ducks stats on extra points and two point conversions since 2008 through 2016 (according to cfbstats.com):
XP: 576/589 (97.8%)
2 pt: 29/52 (57.7%)
Using these numbers we can see the expected points per attempt for both extra points and two point conversions:
E[XP] = .978*1 = .978 pts/XP
E[2pt] = .577*2 = 1.114 pts/2pt

Where did you find that on their site?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
You have to keep in mind the talent differential. They played out of their minds most of the game. Their head coach just became impatient there at the end.
What about the last kickoff in regulation?
You never should give them the opportunity for a big return in that situation. Ever! Big fail.
The face mask before OSU’s last td in reg was just stupid.
They had a running back who had over 270 yds in the game. They ran all over OSU. But there’s a reason this Bama kid is QB at Maryland and not an in state school. That was a terrible throw to a stationary wide open receiver in the end zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What about the last kickoff in regulation?
You never should give them the opportunity for a big return in that situation. Ever! Big fail.
The face mask before OSU’s last td in reg was just stupid.
They had a running back who had over 270 yds in the game. They ran all over OSU. But there’s a reason this Bama kid is QB at Maryland and not an in state school. That was a terrible throw to a stationary wide open receiver in the end zone.
Dude, what about all of the great plays that put them in the lead most of the game? You are not thinking this through.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Dude, what about all of the great plays that put them in the lead most of the game? You are not thinking this through.
I didn’t say anything about them not playing a great game. I said they lost because they played stupid at the end of regulation and I stand by that comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I didn’t say anything about them not playing a great game. I said they lost because they played stupid at the end of regulation and I stand by that comment.
Yep - you said that they deserved to lose. We disagree. But you are wrong. :p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.