Game Thread: Maryland vs TOSU game thread

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maryland deserved a better fate, but I'll take the win. Time to prepare for that team up north.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Chances of losing the game by attempting a PAT: ≈0.5%.

Chances of losing the game by attempting a two-point conversion: ≈60%.

Any coach who tries to win the game by going for two when they don't have to is a blathering idiot.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Maryland deserved a better fate, but I'll take the win. Time to prepare for that team up north.
No they didn’t. They played stupid to end regulation and worse in OT.
They deserved to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Chances of losing the game by attempting a PAT: ≈0.5%.

Chances of losing the game by attempting a two-point conversion: ≈60%.

Any coach who tries to win the game by going for two when they don't have to is a blathering idiot.
If we find ourself in the same position sometime this year I hope CNS goes for 2 without blinking.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No they didn’t. They played stupid to end regulation and worse in OT.
They deserved to lose.
You have to keep in mind the talent differential. They played out of their minds most of the game. Their head coach just became impatient there at the end.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
If we find ourself in the same position sometime this year I hope CNS goes for 2 without blinking.
I'm absolutely ecstatic, then, that it isn't up to you!

It's one of the statistically stupidest play-calls in the entire game of football - right behind a fake punt inside your own 10-yard-line on fourth and 20.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm absolutely ecstatic, then, that it isn't up to you!

It's one of the statistically stupidest play-calls in the entire game of football - right behind a fake punt inside your own 10-yard-line on fourth and 20.
We’ve missed like 8 XP’s this year dude. In a pressure situation like that I don’t trust any PK’er on our team.

We are just as likely to hit the damn upright as make the 2-pointer.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The fact Maryland got to that point was lucky, they tried to end it without another OT, gutsy move. OSU showed they can be beat by Michigan. Urban looked like he did right before leaving UF. OSU is done.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We’ve missed like 8 XP’s this year dude. In a pressure situation like that I don’t trust any PK’er on our team.

There needs to be an "Agree" button, because I agree with this post, but I don't like that it is correct.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

False.

We have - this season - an approximate 90.77% chance of making a PAT.

Most seasons, the national average for two-point conversions is less than 40%. We don't have any real statistics for Alabama's recent success in this area but you generally go with the national average for a good starting point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
False.

We have - this season - an approximate 90.77% chance of making a PAT.

Most seasons, the national average for two-point conversions is less than 40%. We don't have any real statistics for Alabama's recent success in this area but you generally go with the national average for a good starting point.
Is this really worth this much angst? It doesn't impact Alabama in any way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.