Tidefans ads question...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
with adblock plus you cant post. but its better than seeing all the ads. you have to pause ad block plus to post.
Keep in mind that when you're running an ad-blocker you're depriving BamaNation the ad views, which means it reduces the funding he receives to offset the costs of running the servers.

IOW, ads suck, but we're getting a free forum here because of them. When you bypass them, you're taking money out of the pocket of the site owner.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
What about an optional payment system? Might be too complicated to implement (though I doubt it), but the site remains free, with ads, but for a monthly (or annual) fee you can access the site ad-free. There are several forums I'm a member of which do this and it's worth it. Some even off extra perks for those who support it financially by allowing more PM space or allowing paying members to host images on the site server rather than having to upload them to a third-party server.

Just a thought. I'd gladly pay an annual fee.
That was the suggestion I made years ago only to be rebutted with a feasibility issue, IIRC. I think it was either due to VBulletin limitations and/or due to the type of ad network being utilized.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'm in!
I've blocked the offending meat shirt. Wow! Given there are literally like 450,000 ads possibly to be served, you must be looking for some strange stuff ;)

As for becoming pay site, it is something that has been evaluated and considered over the years and, unless one of you wants to be a large benefactor of the site, the numbers just don't work well. Unlike the other "pay" sports sites, we offer all content for free. We dedicated to doing that 20 years ago when we launched.

Now, if I can get at least 1000 of you to commit to paying $100 a year, I'll reconsider ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That was the suggestion I made years ago only to be rebutted with a feasibility issue, IIRC. I think it was either due to VBulletin limitations and/or due to the type of ad network being utilized.
Yah, but "a few years" is akin to several lifetimes in the world of forum software and third party development...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Ads are just part of the scenery these days, like billboards while driving down the highway - they're there but I don't really see them anymore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.