FOX is really going hard for the B1G and Big 12 in regards to the Playoff and Heisman

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I was in Tuscaloosa this weekend, talking to one of my relatives about this very thing. It's too early for now, but it is a concern if it does happen (playing Oklahoma). I personally hope we don't have to play them. I sure hope Bama can make the playoffs!
I MUCH rather win a championship. But, I'm likely going to any game where Bama and OU play especially this year. (wife is an OU fan). I'd pay a kings ransom to see Kyler and Tua go at it.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We would score 80 on Oklahoma's defense. Oklahoma's offense isn't scoring more than 35 on our defense, in our defense's worst effort.

I respect Murray and the OU offense. But their defense is astoundingly bad.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
We would score 80 on Oklahoma's defense. Oklahoma's offense isn't scoring more than 35 on our defense, in our defense's worst effort.

I respect Murray and the OU offense. But their defense is astoundingly bad.
We thought that same thing in Jan. 2014. We all know what happened. Eric Stryker spent the whole game in our backfield and guys did not care about even being there and went through the motions. OU was fired up for the game and absolutely kicked our butt against what should have been a three peat team.

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
We thought that same thing in Jan. 2014. We all know what happened. Eric Stryker spent the whole game in our backfield and guys did not care about even being there and went through the motions. OU was fired up for the game and absolutely kicked our butt against what should have been a three peat team.
Bama was driving for the tying score with a little more than a minute left when AJ was strip-sacked. Bama out gained them by almost 100 yards, had over 500 yards. OU was the better team that night but let's not overstate it. Knight almost doubled his career passing yards as he threw for ~350; a 52% passer was 32-44. Tom Brady couldn't have thrown much better than he did in that game. He had an "inspired" night, it was eerie. Probably never happened again, like Stephen Garcia.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
IMO Fox Sports is really bad. Most of their college football coverage is done by washed up coaches or players who just aren't very talented like Danny Kanell. Cowherd and Klatt just throw things up on a wall, hoping some of it will stick.
I try not to watch just like I don't watch Fox News.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
IMO Fox Sports is really bad. Most of their college football coverage is done by washed up coaches or players who just aren't very talented like Danny Kanell. Cowherd and Klatt just throw things up on a wall, hoping some of it will stick.
I try not to watch just like I don't watch Fox News.
as much as I love the NFL and following my favorite college players in the NFL, fox uses a bunch of pro guys, and literally all they talk about when they broadcast college games is how everyone projects to the next level. It drives me nuts.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
I would assume that Tua playing in the defenseless Big12 may have thrown for close to 5000 yards by now. Put Murray in the SEC where we actually play some D and his numbers shrink considerably.
I believe if Tua had played in the 3rd and 4th quarters off all our games he would have come close to passing for 5000 yards

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I believe if Tua had played in the 3rd and 4th quarters off all our games he would have come close to passing for 5000 yards
No doubt. He still has a reasonable shot at throwing for 4,000 yards even with all the 2nd half's and 4th qtrs he's missed. He's averaging 260 yards passing per game.

If he averages 284 yards per game in these final 4 games he will do it.

The competition will be tougher overall but that probably just means Tua will play almost the entirety of every game left and in turn will have enough reps to hit that 284 mark.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
If we lose to UGA and Michigan is 12-1 it will be by far the biggest test for the committee as far as where they really stand on "best" vs. "most deserving." If it's "best" (which I think it would be) we are clearly the team. If it's "most deserving" it's hard to justify a 12-1 non champ over a 12-1 champ. They would have a very strong resume. It will be curious. Hopefully we don't have to worry about that and 13-0 Alabama cruises into the playoff.

As far as network biases -- of course networks have biases. The same way MSNBC and Fox News push different agendas so do ESPN, CBS, and Fox Sports. Fox Sports is paying loads of money to the B1G, Big XII and Pac-12. It's very much in their interests to promote those conferences.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.