Charleston Classic Game 3: Alabama-Wichita State (12:30 CT)

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Free throw shooting was incredible today. We also shot 47% from 3 range. I was surprised Wichita had 13 more shots than we did. You had to know Wichita St was going to make a run at some point, we faltered but did cave in, a growing experience. It was especially nice to beat Gregg Marshall.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Nice bounce back after the debacle against Northeaster to get victories against Ball St and Wichita St. Hopefully the game vs NE was just an outlier..

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Is Kira one and done?
No you must be 19 to enter the draft so we'll have him for 2 years at least. He needs to develop physically. I'd say that he is better overall prospect long term than Sexton. I think Sexton is more than just a physical than Kira, but I think Kira is a much better distributor of the ball.

BTW, I was there for the 1st 2 games. We came out and warmed up before the Northeastern game like we thought we were going to win by just showing up. I think Coach Johnson gave them an earful. I saw Passink after the game and told him that our bigs needed to step up. We played much better in the 2nd game against Ball state. So far, Donta has not had his head on straight. He should be our leader and I don't see him giving the effort he should. It is pretty obvious Giddens is in the doghouse. Good to see Reese play well yesterday. His play may be the X-factor this year.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
It is pretty obvious Giddens is in the doghouse. Good to see Reese play well yesterday. His play may be the X-factor this year.
We need a Giddens who can actually play. He looks the part with flying colors, but little else. Probably why Ohio State gave him up with no resistance.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Didn't get to see this one. Wish I had. I am incouraged by the point production and especially ft shooting. We win few more games last year if we had shot better from the charity stripe.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
No you must be 19 to enter the draft so we'll have him for 2 years at least. He needs to develop physically. I'd say that he is better overall prospect long term than Sexton. I think Sexton is more than just a physical than Kira, but I think Kira is a much better distributor of the ball.

BTW, I was there for the 1st 2 games. We came out and warmed up before the Northeastern game like we thought we were going to win by just showing up. I think Coach Johnson gave them an earful. I saw Passink after the game and told him that our bigs needed to step up. We played much better in the 2nd game against Ball state. So far, Donta has not had his head on straight. He should be our leader and I don't see him giving the effort he should. It is pretty obvious Giddens is in the doghouse. Good to see Reese play well yesterday. His play may be the X-factor this year.
I agree with everything you said. Kira is so smooth and seems to have a better outside shot than Sexton. Also I believe he may be a bit taller as well. I've been excited about Kira ever since I saw him play in high school and then when he signed early with Bama. He's definitely lived up to my expectation so far and then some. Donta is an enigma. He can look like a future 1st round NBA draft pick one game and then completely disappears in the next game. He is the one senior starter and the senior that gets the most minutes so he needs to step up and be a leader in every game, even if he isn't scoring he can contribute in other ways. I've just about given up on Giddens. I was actually a bit surprised that he came back this year because his body language was not good the latter part of last season and he obviously was in the doghouse with CAJ then as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.