Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Barn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So I had little time to check out Auburn today and noticed few things:

But before I get into it, I want everyone to check out the link: http://myteamsbetter.com/#WEEKLY_GAMES?teamPK=8&statView=Key Stats&compareOption=ALL_OPPONENTS

Out of 35 categories, Bama won 30 of it. Auburn won 5. Opponent pass Tds, Opponent redzone point attempts, Opponent red zone percent, Opponent kick off return attempts, and Punting yard per attempt. Amazing isn't it?!?!?

It's real simple for us to win the game:
- Offensive Line must block well for our running back. I wouldn't oppose to D.H. to sit out this game and let Jacob, N. Harris and Robinson handle the hole. They are more than capable to take care of business for us.

-Tua cannot hold the ball too long on plays. Need to either check down to RBs or throw the ball away. I hate to say this, as much we've excelled on 3rd downs this year, we have to make sure to avoid 3rd and long as much as possible. That is when Auburn likes to blitzes and create pressure. If that happens, I can either see Tua making mistakes or making a huge play with his legs.

-So we finally saw Jalen playing and he looked good. I expect Jalen to play a role in the game this weekend.

-WRs need to create separation from their man, because I expect Auburn to grab as much as they can. I don't think Auburn will be able to keep up with our receivers.

-As much as our LBs have improved in the last 4 games with play calling and etc, I'm afraid Auburn will pull out a play that they aren't familiar with and it will come back to haunt them. I don't think we will have an issue, but I expect them to struggle at times during the game and then finally adjust to it.

-This game cannot come down to field goals. There is something wrong with our kicking unit. We are missing kicks on XPs and I'm afraid that could come back and haunt us if we don't get it fixed asap in the future.

-Q. Williams and the DL line needs to continue to make plays. I don't see how Auburn will be able to run inside. I expect them to try and stretch us with zone blocking run games.

Bottom Line: Auburn offense does not have the capability to score over 35 points... I don't think they score 21 points against us. Keep them under 21 and we win. If they go over 21 points, we are in for a battle, but either way, we win. I expect Tua to have a big game. Should average between 240 to 320 yards against Auburn and maybe 1 or 2 big runs.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
My 7 yr old was making a painting today that has something to do with the Iron Bowl. She asked how to spell awburn and I said "Y-U-C-K" ... took her a second to get it but then she doubled over laughing.

It's always affirming to know that you're raising your children right ;)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I’d love to hang 35 on them in the 1st half, give Jalen the ball and put up 42 more.

Then let Mac Jones mop up in the 4th.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think the worst Bama has ever beaten Auburn was 55-0. Came close in 2012 at 49-0. That would be great to win by more than 55 but I’ll be happy to win by 21. Really a win by 1 is all that matters. Hope we can beat them worse than Georgia did though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.