This is the reason we need stronger border security

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
These Are The 10 Most Dangerous Cities In Georgia For 2019

fwiw, i live in #1 (been here for 18 years), work and send my daughter to school in #5, and spend a decent amount of time in #3

The data shows that these ten cities are currently the most dangerous in the Peach State for 2019:

1. East Point (Photos)
2. Union City (Photos)
3. College Park (Photos)
4. Tifton (Photos)
5. Hapeville (Photos)
6. Eastman (Photos)
7. Albany (Photos)
8. Griffin (Photos)
9. Douglasville (Photos)
10. Adel (Photos)

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
One of my libertarian beliefs. Legalize it all and let them sort it out themselves. As a nation, we would save trillions...
Yep. Let natural selection take care of it. Only thing I would add is that if the drug user commits a crime against any other person while high, the punishment needs to be so severe that it only happens once.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Portugal has gone that route. Focusing on drug treatment instead.

People forget that morphine and cocaine were legal in the early 20th century.
Portugal has made a start, but it needs to be taken further.
Crime has dropped. That’s not fake news and should appeal to the right, but people like Sessions will come up with a million bogus reasons why it’s a bad idea (he of the “gateway drug” mindset).
The tax revenues generated by the sale of weed (in states where it’s now legal) is not fake news, either. It won’t balance the books for most of those states, but it sure won’t hurt. I dread to think what would happen to Alabama’s budget if alcohol was suddenly declared illegal.
Let medical professionals regulate it, tax it and enjoy the reduction in crime and maybe the Courthouse being open on Wednesdays again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Al Capone says hi from 85 or so years ago.

When is the last time you saw anything on the news resembling the St. Valentine's Day Massacre in relation to alcohol?

Yet in the period of alcohol prohibition it was rampant.

Amazingly, it disappeared when prohibition ended.
I respectfully disagree. They still killed each other (and innocent bystanders). It was just over other things. They quit doing the massacres due to the amount of heat it brought down on them so they went after their enemies one and two at a time instead of all at once.

Criminals will always find a way.
Example: Cigarettes are legal but there is still a large bootleg market for them. Why is that? Just because you legalize something doesn't make the crime/criminals go away.

But hey, y'all keep believing it will.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
show me which of Mexico's problems are not fueled by the massive profits available in the drug trade with the United States? I'll wait
Maybe they are and maybe they aren't but if y'all are crazy enough to think crime will go away just by legalizing drugs you might as well go on that unicorn hunt...…….

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I respectfully disagree. They still killed each other (and innocent bystanders). It was just over other things. They quit doing the massacres due to the amount of heat it brought down on them so they went after their enemies one and two at a time instead of all at once.

Criminals will always find a way.
Example: Cigarettes are legal but there is still a large bootleg market for them. Why is that? Just because you legalize something doesn't make the crime/criminals go away.

But hey, y'all keep believing it will.
I appreciate you making my point for me:

Draconian government actions cause an increase in crime.

In your example, stupidly high cigarette taxes cause a black market for cigarettes not brought in under the high tax regime so people buy them elsewhere far cheaper and make a little profit by selling them at a price that is still lower than the prices caused by the draconian government policy.

You can't disagree with facts. You can't have facts from an alternate universe and use them in this one. This one is open and shut and it doesn't matter what is believed by whom.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Then again, facts to fools are fantasies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Maybe they are and maybe they aren't but if y'all are crazy enough to think crime will go away just by legalizing drugs you might as well go on that unicorn hunt...…….
Nice straw man.

No one claimed all crime would go away.

The facts support the idea that legalization would nearly instantly get rid of the vast majority of drug related crime that is tied to prohibition.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Show me the #s to show that the cartells would dwindle away and be no more just by legalizing drugs. Show me where there won't be impropriety by our own gvt.
What do we do with the people who will now be hooked on crack, cocaine, LSD, etc. Show me where people who get high on this stuff won't go out and commit crimes. Show me. It's really easy to say crime will go down.It automatically has to go down if drugs are legal because you can't arrest people for doing the drugs.
It's like alcohol. Just because it's legal doesn't mean people are all of a sudden going to be responsible citizens when doing drugs that alter your brain chemistry.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I appreciate you making my point for me:

Draconian government actions cause an increase in crime.

In your example, stupidly high cigarette taxes cause a black market for cigarettes not brought in under the high tax regime so people buy them elsewhere far cheaper and make a little profit by selling them at a price that is still lower than the prices caused by the draconian government policy.

You can't disagree with facts. You can't have facts from an alternate universe and use them in this one. This one is open and shut and it doesn't matter what is believed by whom.
You speak of "draconian gvt policy" and yet you want the gvt involved in this?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
You speak of "draconian gvt policy" and yet you want the gvt involved in this?
That literally makes zero sense.

Government's involvement in it now is driving drug related crime.

I am advocating for removing most government out of it save for moderate regulation and taxing, the stallworth of minimum government.

This solution removes most government from the equation. How you get just the opposite is beyond me.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
That literally makes zero sense.

Government's involvement in it now is driving drug related crime.

I am advocating for removing most government out of it save for moderate regulation and taxing, the stallworth of minimum government.

This solution removes most government from the equation. How you get just the opposite is beyond me.
Makes plenty of sense. When is the last time you have seen the gvt do any kind of regulating in moderation? And do you really think they'll put all this tax revenue to good use?

I respect your opinion (even though it is pretty clear that you and others don't respect other people's opinions when they disagree with you.....you know, it's just how open minded liberals roll these days) but disagree that crime will simply be reduced because drugs are legalized other than just people not being arrested for doing drugs. I may eventually be proven wrong on that but at this time I just don't think I will be.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
One thing I do not want: for marijuana to be legalised the same way Roe v. Wade was legalized. Abortion is "legal " but the interpretation varies so widely from state to state it is ridiculous. Can you imagine what Alabama would look like if marijuana was legalized but the state legislature could interpret it as much as they interpret the abortion laws?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.