This is the reason we need stronger border security

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Unfortunately, we are allowing criminals into this country every day and not by being a border jumper. Mexico, as this article suggests, has a culture crisis of extreme violence. Everyday, more and more of those criminals, whether you like it or not, are crossing into our country unfettered.

So let your hearts bleed all you want, but until we can stop the invasion of literal criminals as a result of Mexico's societal breakdown, we're making our country very unsafe.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...0000-dead-37400-missing/ar-BBPIgFT?li=BBnb7Kz

Some 37,000 people in Mexico are categorized as “missing” by the government. The vast majority are believed to be dead, victims of the country’s spiraling violence that has claimed more than 250,000 lives since 2006. The country’s murder rate has more than doubled to 26 per 100,000 residents, five times the U.S. figure.
Fire away.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Unfortunately, we are allowing criminals into this country every day and not by being a border jumper. Mexico, as this article suggests, has a culture crisis of extreme violence. Everyday, more and more of those criminals, whether you like it or not, are crossing into our country unfettered.

So let your hearts bleed all you want, but until we can stop the invasion of literal criminals as a result of Mexico's societal breakdown, we're making our country very unsafe.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...0000-dead-37400-missing/ar-BBPIgFT?li=BBnb7Kz

Fire away.
legalize drugs, all of them and Mexico's society stops breaking down. Simple

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
One of my libertarian beliefs. Legalize it all and let them sort it out themselves. As a nation, we would save trillions...
Literally trillions.

What causes drug crimes?

Drugs?

No.

Drug prohibition causes drug crimes.

If they could operate in the open then all their differences could be settled through legal means and the incentive would be to do things in a legal manner.

As it is, all the incentive is in increasing control through violence and bribes/corruption.

Therefore, legalize it all and everything happens in the light of day.

There would be an adjustment period, of course, but things would change quickly.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Are you really this naive? Do you really think legalizing drugs is gonna solve all that? REALLY???????
Al Capone says hi from 85 or so years ago.

When is the last time you saw anything on the news resembling the St. Valentine's Day Massacre in relation to alcohol?

Yet in the period of alcohol prohibition it was rampant.

Amazingly, it disappeared when prohibition ended.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Al Capone says hi from 85 or so years ago.

When is the last time you saw anything on the news resembling the St. Valentine's Day Massacre in relation to alcohol?

Yet in the period of alcohol prohibition it was rampant.

Amazingly, it disappeared when prohibition ended.
They don’t get it. Again.
Even one of the greatest minds from the far right, William F. Buckley Jr., thought they should be legalized (this was back in the late 70’s/early 80’s, and I don’t recall if he was speaking of weed or all drugs).
You will never stop the underaged from accessing any mind altering substance if they so desire; every month (especially in late spring, more like every week) parents and kids are getting busted for drinking parties. It’s stupid ridiculous.
Take away the illegal (untaxed) profit motive and take away 90% or more of the associated violence and theft crimes. If people want to use drugs, let them. Taxes from the sales could be used to treat the addicted.
Another case where the religious fanatics of the right don’t care about doing the correct thing, only the “right” thing. I think many are worried that either they or their offspring are so lacking that they will become addicts too. Either that, or actually reducing the related criminality associated with drugs being illegal gives them something less to whine about.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/07/war-drugs-lost-nro-staff/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
One of my libertarian beliefs. Legalize it all and let them sort it out themselves. As a nation, we would save trillions...
I think most agree to legalize marijuana. It has been proven not to be a gateway drug. However, I don't see any benefits to legalizing heroin, cocaine, meth, etc. there are people literally overdosing with their kids in the car because of it, so will legalizing heroin help that? Maybe if we do legalize it, if you overdose, you die. Ban first responders from administering naloxone. Just let them die out.

I agree we would save literally billions if not more if we legalized marijuana and prostitution. Tax it...save money enforcing, prosecuting and incarcerating and make money taxing it. Win/win.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
In summation.
Yep that what I meant.

Their crime is, but hey, go hang out in Sinaloa for a year and let me know how it works out for you. In fact, I'd invite you spend a few weeks in Galena Park on the east side of Houston. I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms. Or better yet...google, Training day, simple question.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I think most agree to legalize marijuana. It has been proven not to be a gateway drug. However, I don't see any benefits to legalizing heroin, cocaine, meth, etc. We already have been literally overdosing with their kids in the car because of it, so will legalizing heroin help that? Maybe if we do legalize it, if you overdose, you die, first responders aren't going to attempt to revive you or administer naloxone. Just let them die out.

I agree we would save literally billions if not more if we legalized marijuana and prostitution. Tax it...save money enforcing, prosecuting and incarcerating and make money taxing it. Win/win.
Yes, legalization would prevent the vast majority of overdose deaths.

As it is now, what are the repercussions of someone OD'ing from your product?

Not much.

What would it be with a legal product?

A lot more.

Not ot mention that lacing with deadly fentanyl would go away completely unless labeled as such so no one would be surprised by it.

The inconsistencies and impurities would be driven out of the market.

A large part of what makes these drugs so deadly are those two things.

Would people still mix other drugs and alcohol with them and die from the mixture?

Yes, but they do that now with prescription drugs as well.

But I can see no reason to sentence someone to death summarily when you have the ability to save their life in that moment.

I guess pro-life only goes so far when direct harm is not being committed.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Yes, legalization would prevent the vast majority of overdose deaths.

As it is now, what are the repercussions of someone OD'ing from your product?

Not much.

What would it be with a legal product?

A lot more.

Not ot mention that lacing with deadly fentanyl would go away completely unless labeled as such so no one would be surprised by it.

The inconsistencies and impurities would be driven out of the market.

A large part of what makes these drugs so deadly are those two things.

Would people still mix other drugs and alcohol with them and die from the mixture?

Yes, but they do that now with prescription drugs as well.

But I can see no reason to sentence someone to death summarily when you have the ability to save their life in that moment.

I guess pro-life only goes so far when direct harm is not being committed.
I'll take the libertarian point of view. Do what you want to yourself as long as it doesn't harm others. You want to shoot up and OD, knock yourself out.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yep that what I meant.

Their crime is, but hey, go hang out in Sinaloa for a year and let me know how it works out for you. In fact, I'd invite you spend a few weeks in Galena Park on the east side of Houston. I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms. Or better yet...google, Training day, simple question.
that movie really shows what the blacks and mexicans are really like. and in addition, you get to listen to jokes about prison rape.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
legalize drugs, all of them and Mexico's society stops breaking down. Simple
I have to agree with you on this as far as the drug trade goes. It would severely cripple the drug activity in Mexico. But not sure the violence stops. They'll just find something else to war over.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.