How do we get INVITED for dinner? #73 and #71 eating like Kings

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With the Iron Bowl on Saturday and Thanksgiving on Thursday, do any players go home for the day?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is an article from 2015:

Nick Saban will host around 20 players at his house while also getting to spend time with his wife, children, mother and other family members.
Practice is earlier to allow players to get home for Thanksgiving dinner.
The team will finish with its football responsibilities around 4 p.m.
Players don't have to be back until 11:45 a.m. Friday.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I've seen that and always thought how awesome it is for coach to do that for players that would otherwise be alone for Thanksgiving. Doesn't ring true that is an uncaring, mean hard coach.
Can you imagine having to be the one who has to sit next to him during Dinner?

"Hey man.....why is it you can't seem to get your hips turned faster? Have you been to that spin class yet? I heard you made an 82 on your History quiz. What's up with that?" --

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Can you imagine having to be the one who has to sit next to him during Dinner?

"Hey man.....why is it you can't seem to get your hips turned faster? Have you been to that spin class yet? I heard you made an 82 on your History quiz. What's up with that?" --
"The dressing is passed clockwise around the table and the cranberry sauce goes counterclockwise. And don't touch the sweet potato casserole until you loaded your plate with turkey."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.