JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Auburn preview: Tigers will be tough, but upset chances are low
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 21st, 2018 04:04 AM

In previous seasons – specifically the Cam comeback of 2010, the Kick Six of 2013, or last year’s unexpected but ultimately explainable upset in Jordan-Hare Stadium – there had been an aura of significant concern about that particular year’s Auburn team, or a glaring shortcoming regarding Alabama’s […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Thanks, Jess. Nice write up. I think my score prediction was also 38-20. I hope Bama comes out injury free and that the weather is nice (and the field conditions).

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
"The game isn’t in Auburn, where weirdness is born, fertilized and cultivated into something so bizarre it begins to appear as if it should have been scripted by William S. Burroughs."

What I wouldn't give to have the ability to write like this...

Great insight and analysis as per usual, Jess...

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
“......led to a now-infamous (and profane) challenge from an Alabama assistant across the field to Gus Malzahn about his play-calling.” I thought I was about as big of a fan as possible, but I must not be because I’m not familiar with this infamous story! Can someone please enlighten me? RTR.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks again, Jess. Great job as always. I am hoping for even a bigger blow-out and covering the spread. However, an 18 point win? I'll take it. Roll Tide!

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
“......led to a now-infamous (and profane) challenge from an Alabama assistant across the field to Gus Malzahn about his play-calling.” I thought I was about as big of a fan as possible, but I must not be because I’m not familiar with this infamous story! Can someone please enlighten me? RTR.
I was hoping to gain some enlightenment from the messages after reading Jess' preview. I guess everyone else is perplexed by this as well. Would love a little more explanation about this. Roll Tide!!

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I was hoping to gain some enlightenment from the messages after reading Jess' preview. I guess everyone else is perplexed by this as well. Would love a little more explanation about this. Roll Tide!!
I was wondering that myself. I think he's referring to the time Scott Cochran invited Malzahn to "Run another trick play, [kind sir]!"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.