darwin award nominee - "missionary" killed on remote indian island

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
play stupid games ...

American killed on Andaman island home to uncontacted people, body yet to be recovered

An American man was killed on an island inhabited by a tribe known to resist outside contact in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. And, his body still lies there.
The American was identified as 27-year-old John Allen Chau, who sources said was a Christian missionary who wanted to convert the Sentinelese tribe that inhabits the island where he was killed.
Chau was killed by members of this tribe, which is protected under Indian law, a senior police officer told India Today TV...

According to SP Deepak Yadav, Chau contacted some fishermen in order to reach the North Sentinel Island. A group of seven fishermen agreed to help and took to a forest located on the island.

The fishermen stayed away, but Chau ventured deep into the jungle. This was on November 14.
The fishermen later saw Chau being attacked with arrows. "He was attacked by arrows but he continued walking," news agency AFP reported, quoting sources. Local fishermen also saw the Sentinelese tying Chu's body to a rope and dragged it along the ground.
The CID SP, Deepak Yadav, told India Today TV, "One of the fishermen saw Chau's body getting buried by the tribals. Chau was killed with an arrow."

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Why a Darwin Award? Why not a hero or martyr for trying to save the salvages from eternal damnation? What's the matter with you people?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
More info from the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...te-indian-ocean-tribe/?utm_term=.a1611e7eebb1

Chau’s fateful expedition has caused widespread outrage in Hindu-majority India, where Christian evangelicals are often viewed with anger or suspicion. Critics say his brazen violation of Indian law was selfish and put the fragile tribe at risk — potentially exposing them to modern diseases for which they have no immunity.

I think I could be more useful alive . . . but to you, God, I give all the glory of whatever happens,” Chau wrote. He asked God to forgive “any of the people on this island who try to kill me, and especially if they succeed.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
More info from the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...te-indian-ocean-tribe/?utm_term=.a1611e7eebb1

Chau’s fateful expedition has caused widespread outrage in Hindu-majority India, where Christian evangelicals are often viewed with anger or suspicion. Critics say his brazen violation of Indian law was selfish and put the fragile tribe at risk — potentially exposing them to modern diseases for which they have no immunity.

I think I could be more useful alive . . . but to you, God, I give all the glory of whatever happens,” Chau wrote. He asked God to forgive “any of the people on this island who try to kill me, and especially if they succeed.
I think I could be more useful alive . . .
apparently god didn't agree

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Note to Trump: Instead of spending billions on a wall that may not produce the desired result on illegal immigration, might I suggest a much smaller investment in bows and arrows. Evidence suggests this more modest plan is 100% effective against undesired border crossers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.