Lettuce...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Proper etiquette for eating lettuce:

Iceberg Lettuce Health Benefits: Not as Useless as You Think

[FONT=&quot]If you find yourself asking, “Is iceberg lettuce good for you?” the clear answer is yes. Here are some of the health benefits that you can get when you incorporate this lettuce variety into your diet:3[/FONT]

• May aid in weight loss. Iceberg lettuce has low caloric content, with only 75 calories per medium-sized head.
  • Aids in the prevention of birth defects. This vegetable contains a considerable amount of folate, a mineral that is essential for preventing birth defects and other prenatal conditions.
  • Contains vitamin A and vitamin C. Even though it has the lowest percentage of vitamins A and C among all lettuce varieties, iceberg contains good amounts of these vitamins. Vitamin A has been commonly linked to eye maintenance and the prevention of macular degeneration, the leading cause of age-related blindness, while vitamin C has been observed to assist the body and the immune system through its antioxidant properties.
Eat some Iceburg Lettuce Bodhi!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Proper etiquette for eating lettuce:

Iceberg Lettuce Health Benefits: Not as Useless as You Think

[FONT="]If you find yourself asking, “Is iceberg lettuce good for you?” the clear answer is yes. Here are some of the health benefits that you can get when you incorporate this lettuce variety into your diet:[URL="https://foodfacts.mercola.com/iceberg-lettuce.html#_edn3"]3[/URL][/FONT]

• May aid in weight loss. Iceberg lettuce has low caloric content, with only 75 calories per medium-sized head.
  • Aids in the prevention of birth defects. This vegetable contains a considerable amount of folate, a mineral that is essential for preventing birth defects and other prenatal conditions.
  • Contains vitamin A and vitamin C. Even though it has the lowest percentage of vitamins A and C among all lettuce varieties, iceberg contains good amounts of these vitamins. Vitamin A has been commonly linked to eye maintenance and the prevention of macular degeneration, the leading cause of age-related blindness, while vitamin C has been observed to assist the body and the immune system through its antioxidant properties.
Eat some Iceburg Lettuce Bodhi!
Hmmm .... well, I am blind and have no immune system ..... so, maybe I should consider that

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Iceberg is the main type of lettuce I usually eat. I like it because it's crunchy. I cut a head up and rinse in a colander...then divide into tupperware containers and stick in the fridge. It's nice and chilled when I eat it and very crunchy.

I partake of other varieties too but iceberg is my preference.

Guess that makes me a savage. :cool:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Growing romaine, spinach, chard and mixed lettuce in the greenhouse and outside along with other greens. Romaine when picked and eaten immediately has a freshness and taste that cannot be purchased at any market particularly in late fall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.