Eddie Jackson is so dope!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Yep, saw the one Sunday night against the Vikings Sunday night too. Eddie just has incredible football instincts. Remember when he was struggling as a freshman?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yep, saw the one Sunday night against the Vikings Sunday night too. Eddie just has incredible football instincts. Remember when he was struggling as a freshman?
I don't
Jackson started last week against Colorado State, but he didn't receive a starter's worth of snaps, as Saban rotated five different players at the two cornerback spots in an open tryout of sorts for his struggling defensive backs. At his Monday press conference, Saban said the evaluation of the secondary was ongoing.

Behind closed doors at Alabama's week of practice, though, it became clear that Jackson had emerged as a frontrunner. Safety HaHa Clinton-Dix said Jackson's start didn't catch the rest of the secondary by surprise.

"He works hard in practice. He's physical, he's fast, he's strong, he does everything right," Clinton-Dix said. "He's been working hard since we've been in camp. I guess coach believes in him, coach gave him a chance and he went out and showed it to him."

The first highlight was a moment of redemption.

Following a 26-yard reception by Ole Miss' Donte Moncrief in which Jackson was forced to track him down from behind, Jackson leaped in the air to pluck his first career interception. The throw by wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was well short of its target, but Jackson made a bona fide play on the ball and reaped the rewards.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
As both a Bama and Chi-Bears fan I am really thrilled with Eddie's development.

Bears fans are starting to compare him to Mike Brown, the safety who played on those Urlacher early 2000's Bears defense. Take it from me, that is a huge compliment because Mike Brown was a darn good safety in his day.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.