Shooting at the Hoover Galleria

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
clicky--Independent autopsy concludes that Bradford was shot three times from behind. Police won't release video until investigation is complete.

This will NOT end well.
If this holds true, then nope it won't. At the same time, the people need to let justice play out and see if this becomes a criminal investigation/trial. Otherwise, you may have a lot more needless deaths because I don't think the people of Hoover are going to put up with a lot of protests and property damage.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
At the same time, the people need to let justice play out and see if this becomes a criminal investigation/trial.
It has been shown in the past that 99% of the time nothing happens to bad law enforcement in these situations and there is zero justice to play out (assuming this situation may stand as an example of the acts of bad law enforcement). Not that people should necessarily act before more information comes to light, just pointing out that justice very rarely happens in these cases. Heck a lot of the time the bad ones don't even lose their jobs.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
"several shoppers were seen with their guns drawn."
So why was only one person shot? Did they set their guns down on order from the police? Did people on in the al.com comments section blast these people for violating the gun free zone policy?

If Jalen Hurts kneels during the anthem at the Oklahoma game, will people still cheer for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
So why was only one person shot? Did they set their guns down on order from the police? Did people on in the al.com comments section blast these people for violating the gun free zone policy?

If Jalen Hurts kneels during the anthem at the Oklahoma game, will people still cheer for him?

i will ;)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
It has been shown in the past that 99% of the time nothing happens to bad law enforcement in these situations and there is zero justice to play out (assuming this situation may stand as an example of the acts of bad law enforcement). Not that people should necessarily act before more information comes to light, just pointing out that justice very rarely happens in these cases. Heck a lot of the time the bad ones don't even lose their jobs.
Let's hope justice is served regardless.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
clicky--Independent autopsy concludes that Bradford was shot three times from behind. Police won't release video until investigation is complete.

This will NOT end well.
Bill Shakespeare said:
SIWARD: Had he his hurts before?

ROSS: Ay, on the front.
Back in MacBeth's day, if you were wounded in the front, it meant you died facing the enemy, so you died honorably.
Now, if you were wounded in the back, it indicates someone else acted dishonorably.

This has ugly potential written all over it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Back in MacBeth's day, if you were wounded in the front, it meant you died facing the enemy, so you died honorably.
Now, if you were wounded in the back, it indicates someone else acted dishonorably.

This has ugly potential written all over it.
It certainly gives credence that he was in flight. Again, if he was seen with a gun or wielding it and refusing orders to stop, then I could argue he could have been deemed a threat to other people. Still, it's too early to know what happened until they release the video. I'm still struggling to understand why he ran if he wasn't involved. That's the head scratcher for me.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It certainly gives credence that he was in flight. Again, if he was seen with a gun or wielding it and refusing orders to stop, then I could argue he could have been deemed a threat to other people. Still, it's too early to know what happened until they release the video. I'm still struggling to understand why he ran if he wasn't involved. That's the head scratcher for me.
There was a white cop in South Carolina a couple of years ago and somebody filmed him shooting a black fugitive while said fugitive was running away from the cop.
The cop's "I was threatened" defense did not hold up at his trial, if I recall.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i imagine a shooting in a crowded mall would result in lots of folks who weren't involved in the shooting running away

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This is the first time I've seen it stated that "he was directing panicked shoppers to safety". I'm not sure I buy that because he was involved in some way. He was friends with the guy who was shot and other witnesses said it was a fight that turned violent. I think these guys got into an argument and one or more pulled a gun on the other.

If the video comes out and he does not have a gun then the cop should be arrested. If the video comes out and he has a gun, will the family stop the protests?

Also, I'm so tired of seeing the picture of him in the military fatigues. He never served. Using that picture is misleading which is why the media continues to use it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He did join the military, but didn’t complete his training for some reason.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
In regards to the man's military service....according to:

Emantic ‘EJ’ Fitzgerald Bradford Jr.: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

12 Bravo is the Military Occupational Specialty for Combat Engineers, not a unit. Recruits take photos during Basic Training so a photo in a uniform and being Honorably Discharged before graduating Basic are on inconsistent, even if a little deceptive. You can be honorably discharged before finishing Basic for divulging a disqualifying medical condition that the Military Entry Processing Station (MEPS) did not catch on your way in, or for just saying you've rethought your decision about serving in the military and you "can't adapt to military life or you're suffering emotional distress." (I'm not sure, but this might result in a General Discharge under Honorable Conditions).
Not finishing Basic, and distributing a photo is uniform is a little bit cheesy, but not illegal. (Not saying this poor guy did not serve, just responding to what someone wrote above that eh did not finish basic).

My father-in-law, who served two years in Ft. Knox, Kentucky 1950-1952 (and never left the Commonwealth of Kentucky) but puts a "Korean War: I served" sticker on his car, which I think is cheesy as well. It would be more honest to say, "Korean War: I shoveled poop in Kentucky" but that might not fit on the bumper sticker.

Looking at the autopsy diagram, this guy was shot in the back near the right hip, in the back of the neck and the back of the head. This does not look good for the cop.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I know it sounds like I'm fully backing the cops but, I'm trying to wait for more facts to come out. The fact that they haven't released a video yet, or even a screen shot from a video is starting to make me think this cop committed murder. If the video clearly should him with a gun then, they probably would have released it already. This makes me suspect that the video doesn't show a gun or is inconclusive and they are trying to figure out how to spin it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know it sounds like I'm fully backing the cops but, I'm trying to wait for more facts to come out. The fact that they haven't released a video yet, or even a screen shot from a video is starting to make me think this cop committed murder. If the video clearly should him with a gun then, they probably would have released it already. This makes me suspect that the video doesn't show a gun or is inconclusive and they are trying to figure out how to spin it.
Suspect we'll get the video soon. Judge ruled last night that the suspect's attorney gets all evidence.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.