Game Thread: Murray State @ Alabama (Monday)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Ingram has been terrible tonight but looks like we will hold on. Up 70-66 shooting free throws with 35 seconds left..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Morant tore us up. Has 36 now after a thunderous dunk. Bama leads 74-70 with about 10 seconds left..

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Last couple of showboat baskets by Morant were against no defense while Bama was trying to let the clock run.

Worried about Bama getting the ball up the court against a press; especially when Lewis is on the bench. Unbelievable the impact that Lewis has made already. Hate to think what it would be like without him with no other point guard. Jones can play point,but mostly in half-court; can't bring the ball up as well as Lewis.

Ingram has been struggling handling the ball. Has he taken an outside shot this season?

Turnovers by both teams...

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Wow that PG is an impressive player. Kira acquitted himself nicely I thought. Solid four free throws at the end to seal the game.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Lewis seems like the most under control player for Bama. Bama is a turnover machine, but this team has potential. Hall and Ingram looked out of sinc tonight. Mack forced the ball at times. And the team played poor defense in stretches; they lacked discipline. Bama can definitely improve, and will need to before conference play to have a chance; nevertheless I think this team has a shot at the tourney.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
A couple of quick observations. Our bigs need to be on the side of a milk carton. We are getting zero production out of them aside from Reese. We've got to get them going. It is increasingly obvious our best player is a 17 year old. Ingram struggled with his ball handing tonight, but he was the only one to defend Morant decently. Mack needs more minutes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Don't want the players or fans to think everything is great just because Alabama is winning, but I would much rather win ugly while the team figures things out than lose ugly while they fix the kinks.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
What is the target time for Riley to be back playing? At times, especially late in games, we could use his experience.

These kind of games are frustrating, especially with all the turnovers, but also it's why you play them- to be better once the calendar rolls over and conference play starts. Hopefully we can continue to improve. The SEC season will be a battle.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Riley Norris was at least dressed out last night. I am not sure when he will actually play, but he'd only be there for very limited minutes. We need to get Donta and Galin going. I am not sure what the deal is with Giddens. We need them to contribute points and rebounds. I think Fleming is fairly close unless he has had a setback. Coach Johnson is trying to work out the rotation so we need to be patient. He used a 7 man rotation against Wichita so that may be the guys he feels he can count on night in night out. The game with UCF Thursday is huge. It will help with RPI if we win in a true road game.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Going zone defense helped a couple of times with pressuring Morant but Coach didn't stick with it much.

There were a few minutes when the 5 on the floor was not a good lineup.

Nice to see Petty score when the 3 is not dropping for him but he really needs to hit some of those three's.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I don’t understand CAJ’s stubbornness of play Hall and Smith in the same lineup. We aren’t good with those two on the floor at the same time. I understand every once in a while with the other team in a 2-3 zone because it worked some vs Va Tech, but I am just not a fan of it. It hurts our pace and our scoring. I am very happy with this win. Murray is a team that is capable of making a sweet 16 run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.