Game Thread: Murray State @ Alabama (Monday) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Murray State @ Alabama (Monday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

Good win!!
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain O’Landers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Last couple of showboat baskets by Morant were against no defense while Bama was trying to let the clock run.

Worried about Bama getting the ball up the court against a press; especially when Lewis is on the bench. Unbelievable the impact that Lewis has made already. Hate to think what it would be like without him with no other point guard. Jones can play point,but mostly in half-court; can't bring the ball up as well as Lewis.

Ingram has been struggling handling the ball. Has he taken an outside shot this season?

Turnovers by both teams...
    Last edited by day-day; November 26th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.

Wow that PG is an impressive player. Kira acquitted himself nicely I thought. Solid four free throws at the end to seal the game.

Lewis seems like the most under control player for Bama. Bama is a turnover machine, but this team has potential. Hall and Ingram looked out of sinc tonight. Mack forced the ball at times. And the team played poor defense in stretches; they lacked discipline. Bama can definitely improve, and will need to before conference play to have a chance; nevertheless I think this team has a shot at the tourney.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I demand an explanation for why SEC network broadcast a football game replay instead of this game. (blue font).

Murray State vs Bama is a solid lineup
    Last edited by day-day; November 26th, 2018 at 09:38 PM.

BamaNation All-American

A couple of quick observations. Our bigs need to be on the side of a milk carton. We are getting zero production out of them aside from Reese. We've got to get them going. It is increasingly obvious our best player is a 17 year old. Ingram struggled with his ball handing tonight, but he was the only one to defend Morant decently. Mack needs more minutes.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

We won! Gotta be better in the post!

BamaNation All-American

Hall with only 2 points is puzzling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want the players or fans to think everything is great just because Alabama is winning, but I would much rather win ugly while the team figures things out than lose ugly while they fix the kinks.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation First Team RammaJamma10's Avatar

What is the target time for Riley to be back playing? At times, especially late in games, we could use his experience.

These kind of games are frustrating, especially with all the turnovers, but also it's why you play them- to be better once the calendar rolls over and conference play starts. Hopefully we can continue to improve. The SEC season will be a battle.

BamaNation All-American

Riley Norris was at least dressed out last night. I am not sure when he will actually play, but he'd only be there for very limited minutes. We need to get Donta and Galin going. I am not sure what the deal is with Giddens. We need them to contribute points and rebounds. I think Fleming is fairly close unless he has had a setback. Coach Johnson is trying to work out the rotation so we need to be patient. He used a 7 man rotation against Wichita so that may be the guys he feels he can count on night in night out. The game with UCF Thursday is huge. It will help with RPI if we win in a true road game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Going zone defense helped a couple of times with pressuring Morant but Coach didn't stick with it much.

There were a few minutes when the 5 on the floor was not a good lineup.

Nice to see Petty score when the 3 is not dropping for him but he really needs to hit some of those three's.