USCw and Ohio State Coaching Jobs

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Both are very likely to be looking for new coaches after this weekend at these two blue blood programs. Who do you think are the top candidates for each job? James Franklin seems to be getting a serious look by SC but I’m not so sure he would leave Penn State. I have no idea where Ohio St would begin a search.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
A name I heard mentioned is Bryan Harsin, the head coach at Boise State. He took over at BSU in 2014 and has a 51-14 record and is a west coast guy. He is only 42 and is making $1,350,000. I realize it is Boise State, but at his age and what they can get him for it might be a good deal. I would do without a coach rather than hire James Franklin.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Both are very likely to be looking for new coaches after this weekend at these two blue blood programs. Who do you think are the top candidates for each job? James Franklin seems to be getting a serious look by SC but I’m not so sure he would leave Penn State. I have no idea where Ohio St would begin a search.
Did I miss something on OSU? :conf3:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Meyer's brain cyst has been very problematic this season, leading many to surmise that he might walk away from the game.
Not trying to criticize your coach, but it has been painful at times to watch CUM on the sidelines. He does not seem healthy.
If he walked away, he could hang his head high. A national championship at tOSU. He has exorcised some demons against Alabama. He has accomplished a lot. No shame in that record.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU hire their OC who served as the interim during Meyer's suspension.
Day is good - he has a shot. Schiano is also very good, but he likely will not given the stuff that has happened at OSU over the last few years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
After today I think Ohio State will want Meyer back next season if he can get his health problem resolved.
The BoT wants him back. That has not wavered. Drake wants him gone. Drake will be fired before Meyer is fired.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.