UCF's QB has severe leg injury

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: Ucf's qb has severe leg injury.

i still think some of these injuries are because players are afraid of getting targeting penalties. not saying this was the case here. just speaking in general.
I agree. They are told not to tackle high, so they tackle low. They're told not to tackle low, so they aim for the middle. Even if the defensive player is aiming for the perfect tackle, all the QB has to do is jump and get hit in the knee area, which is like a play that happened to us last year, which is a load of crap. Also, the QB can drop right before being hit and get hit high and get a penalty. It is like they are just trying to phase out defense completely, which is crap. Of course, I know there are some who will tell me I'm wrong again, but it's like the powers that be want the defense to play with their hands tied behind their backs. Watch Big 12 football, which is terrible, and you'll see what they seem to want. They call a lot of pass interference calls and pretty much any time the defense makes a good play, they get called for some type of penalty. I'm guessing OU v. WV will be a 50-48 type of game. I'm going to try to watch it, though, to see if I can make it through a whole game.

I do hate it for the UCF QB because he seems to be a gutsy kid. I hope he can fully recover and be back next year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Ucf's qb has severe leg injury.

His is why we need the rules changed in offseason about targeting QB knee and legs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think the others are correct. Once the QB declares himself as a RB, I don't think you'll ever see a rule against defenders going low. There's no such rule in the NFL...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.