Thank You Jalen Hurts

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Jalen has been and still is one of my favorite Alabama players too.

His is the epitome of a High Character young person to be proud of and take pride in seeing them accomplish goals. A true Warrior on the field and a better teammate you could not ask for.

We have been so lucky to have him be an integral part of our program as both a Starter and Supporting Backup while exhibiting true leadership regardless of the circumstances.

I truly wish him nothing but the best and success in whatever he decides to do next. I'll always be a Jalen Hurts Fan!!!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I gave this thread the full Banjeaux. I can't read all the comments because I don't want to cry. Jalen Hurts personifies everything that is good about Alabama football. He is the ultimate competitor and teammate. I selfishly want him to stay for his final year of eligibility, but common sense says that won't happen. I will cheer for him wherever he goes. I hope he is named a permanent captain!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I gave this thread the full Banjeaux. I can't read all the comments because I don't want to cry. Jalen Hurts personifies everything that is good about Alabama football. He is the ultimate competitor and teammate. I selfishly want him to stay for his final year of eligibility, but common sense says that won't happen. I will cheer for him wherever he goes. I hope he is named a permanent captain!
I had not thought about that but it would be very appropriate.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I don’t want this taken the wrong way....

I kind of hope Jalen leaves. He deserves to start and be a star somewhere. I also think he has a better shot at the nfl that way, personally. That said, matt cassell got a shot in the league... so I could be totally wrong.
He's still a star at Bama. He still has fans all over the country. I don't think playing behind Tua is a negative in any way, as far as the NFL is concerned. Tua is probably the best in the country. It would be tough for any other quarterback to beat him out for the starter job. As long as Jalen gets plenty of play time in with the 1st string offense, I think he'll do well for his future here at Bama. He could do well other places as a starter, but that might depend on where he went. Whatever he decides, I'm cool with.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
He's still a star at Bama. He still has fans all over the country. I don't think playing behind Tua is a negative in any way, as far as the NFL is concerned. Tua is probably the best in the country. It would be tough for any other quarterback to beat him out for the starter job. As long as Jalen gets plenty of play time in with the 1st string offense, I think he'll do well for his future here at Bama. He could do well other places as a starter, but that might depend on where he went. Whatever he decides, I'm cool with.
yeah thats what i was saying about matt cassel. he was carson palmer and matt leinarts backup at USC and then ended up being brady's backup in NE. when brady tore his acl cassel went 11-5 or something like that and got a ton of money to go to kansas city. obv that didnt work out but there is precedent for a backup to get a real shot in the league. He's just not gonna go very high or make a lot of money unless he has a breakout year in the league like cassel did (cassel went in the 7th round 230th overall). In case the NFL didnt work out for Jalen, i'd love for him to maximize his draft slot which i dont think he can do here with the amount of snaps hes gonna get. film is what makes you money. everyone has scouts and is on TV. he could go easily to a national title contender that needs a QB. (I think kyler murray is supposed to go pro in baseball after this year unless he decides to stay)

Also, I think it's short sighted/crimson glasses to think that a QB's best shot at getting drafted high is to be a backup here, considering bama hasnt had a QB drafted higher than 85th overall (brodie) in over 40 years. I realize that tua will change that, but acting like alabama is a QB factory for the NFL is FAR from factual.

Last edited:

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
I'm thrilled that Jalen decided to stay this year and hone his skills at Bama. Every indication is that he has made real strides with that. Whether or not he will move on and use those skills elsewhere is anybody's guess. If he does, I hope he has an amazing year (without any adverse impact on Alabama) and sets himself up for a great professional career.

But, I won't necessarily be surprised if Jalen is right back in Tuscaloosa next season, competing and playing alongside Tua. There's every chance that he would see at least as much playing time as this year and maybe more if he did. The biggest reason I see for him not to, besides the desire to be a starter, is not to be a distraction or create a logjam in the QB room. Jalen seems like the type of teammate who would think of the team first. Another reason why he will always be a favorite of mine to wear the Crimson and White.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It has been great watching Jalen play at Alabama! Thanks for the memories.

Now, where will he go? Since he's from Channelview, Texas, will he go to a place CLOSER to HOME? Like Texas A & M or LSU or TCU or Mississippi State or Oklahoma with Murray leaving to play MLB. How about 10RC? I sure hope he does not go to the Barn. He does have many OPTIONS. Hopefully, he will not head to one of those places PRIOR to the CFPCG, but he does need to know where he's going prior to the CFP, I would think.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I agree with all the comments about the class Jalen Hurts has shown this year. With next year being Tua's last, I hope one of the incoming Freshman will emerge as a solid backup and be ready to take over in 2020. If Jalen stays the same as this year we will not have a QB with any meaningful experience. Jalen may decide to stay and not go to the NFL and be a grad assistant at Bama. His dad was a coach. Just saying....

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Danielson said something during the broadcast that I thought was interesting. It was something along the lines of "Saban thinks it would be best for him to transfer after this season." While I would agree with that, it's interesting that Saban would actually say that to anyone outside of the program. I think it was Nessler who followed up with whether he expects Jalen to ask Saban for help in deciding where to transfer. Therefore, I think it's a given that he will be gone once this season is over, but I do appreciate everything he's done and wish him the best.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Danielson said something during the broadcast that I thought was interesting. It was something along the lines of "Saban thinks it would be best for him to transfer after this season." While I would agree with that, it's interesting that Saban would actually say that to anyone outside of the program. I think it was Nessler who followed up with whether he expects Jalen to ask Saban for help in deciding where to transfer. Therefore, I think it's a given that he will be gone once this season is over, but I do appreciate everything he's done and wish him the best.
I find it hard to believe CNS would tell anyone that. It could be trying to read between the lines, and making assumptions.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
yeah thats what i was saying about matt cassel. he was carson palmer and matt leinarts backup at USC and then ended up being brady's backup in NE. when brady tore his acl cassel went 11-5 or something like that and got a ton of money to go to kansas city. obv that didnt work out but there is precedent for a backup to get a real shot in the league. He's just not gonna go very high or make a lot of money unless he has a breakout year in the league like cassel did (cassel went in the 7th round 230th overall). In case the NFL didnt work out for Jalen, i'd love for him to maximize his draft slot which i dont think he can do here with the amount of snaps hes gonna get. film is what makes you money. everyone has scouts and is on TV. he could go easily to a national title contender that needs a QB. (I think kyler murray is supposed to go pro in baseball after this year unless he decides to stay)

Also, I think it's short sighted/crimson glasses to think that a QB's best shot at getting drafted high is to be a backup here, considering bama hasnt had a QB drafted higher than 85th overall (brodie) in over 40 years. I realize that tua will change that, but acting like alabama is a QB factory for the NFL is FAR from factual.
Yeah, but he was the starter 2 years with a 26- 2 record. It is an unusual situation I don't think I've seen before. I didn't say anything about a QB factory.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.