Thank You Jalen Hurts

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I chose a quarterback, or moniker as you put it, who also praised his teammates first before answering to any of his own accolades.
Your moniker - your name on this site - is an individual, not the team. You are choosing to single out a player. You criticize others for doing the same. That is all that I am saying. I like your posts. It just seemed inconsistent.

TideRollsInOhio

Aug 20, 2018
Jalen is one of my all-time favs. The class and character he has shown over the past year is unbelievable. He personifies team first and it seems to come natural to him. I will hate to see him go, but I would love it if he went to Nebraska and kick started the Scott Frost turn around. The huskers seemed to be finding themselves over the last part of the season. Jalen would be a perfect fit for the Frost system especially with his improved passing. Would love to see him dominate the Big 10 landscape and have a special season.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I find it hard to believe CNS would tell anyone that. It could be trying to read between the lines, and making assumptions.
I'm not a Saban freak-fan - I've had my share fo criticisms - but I cannot recall him ever giving a player bad advice. If he believes JH is best served transferring (it's hard to believe he'd do more than he did this year next season as Tua will be back), then perhaps transferring is best for Jalen. I have little doubt at this point that if the right opportunity presents itself, CNS will push JH to make the move.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Hey guys let’s not forget about the thread being a Thank You to 2 for being the ideal type of player and young man Saban wants all of the boys in Crimson to be on and off the field.

CA could use this thread as a PERFECT illustration for pointless sparring which is quashed here and thankfully so.

JALEN has been awesome and I too think he deserves a shot at starting with another squad. I’ll be rooting for him unless he is playing Bama, and there aren’t many transfers I’ll ever say that about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Danielson said something during the broadcast that I thought was interesting. It was something along the lines of "Saban thinks it would be best for him to transfer after this season." While I would agree with that, it's interesting that Saban would actually say that to anyone outside of the program. I think it was Nessler who followed up with whether he expects Jalen to ask Saban for help in deciding where to transfer. Therefore, I think it's a given that he will be gone once this season is over, but I do appreciate everything he's done and wish him the best.
Well, since someone brought it up...........................here is the link........................

https://247sports.com/Article/Jalen-Hurts-transfer-Alabama-Football-Nick-Saban-125271377/

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Well, since someone brought it up...........................here is the link........................

https://247sports.com/Article/Jalen-Hurts-transfer-Alabama-Football-Nick-Saban-125271377/
Looks like these sports guys are putting words in Saban's mouth. He didn't say he thought Jalen should transfer. He was most likely replying to a question about that, and was saying if Jalen decides to transfer, he would be all for it. But Saban would also be all for Jalen staying, if that's what he wanted. It's known as "Fake News".

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
And lets hope he decides to remain that way!
he doesnt suddenly become selfish if he makes a decision for his and his family's future. Jalen doing that isnt a disrespect to the team any more than the team going with the best qb in the country over him is personal disrespect to jalen. I've never seen a young player handle a situation like that any better than Jalen did. He is a special, special man, and he's earned the right to make a decision for himself without us criticizing him or implying that he's no longer a team guy.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I agree with all the comments about the class Jalen Hurts has shown this year. With next year being Tua's last, I hope one of the incoming Freshman will emerge as a solid backup and be ready to take over in 2020. If Jalen stays the same as this year we will not have a QB with any meaningful experience. Jalen may decide to stay and not go to the NFL and be a grad assistant at Bama. His dad was a coach. Just saying....
With the way he has handled things with class, if he wants to be a college coach, he has played for the very best one around. This could help his future greatly if he wants to be a coach like his father. Unlike his father, he could do it on the collegiate level.

I honestly do hope he stays. If he does go, one other place I did not mention as a possibility was Florida State. They desperately need a QB.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
In my opinion, there were two realistic goals for Jalen to shoot for this season...

#Understanding why he's been replaced as number one, accept the decision and remain a good team player...

#And try to improve his qb skills... specifically his passing... in the meantime.

He's done both like a champ, despite a little mean-spirited criticism coming from some people he might have thought would support him.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
he doesnt suddenly become selfish if he makes a decision for his and his family's future. Jalen doing that isnt a disrespect to the team any more than the team going with the best qb in the country over him is personal disrespect to jalen. I've never seen a young player handle a situation like that any better than Jalen did. He is a special, special man, and he's earned the right to make a decision for himself without us criticizing him or implying that he's no longer a team guy.
They are not mutually exclusive.

BrotherOfBear

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 28, 2006
Backwoods, AL
I love the way Jalen handled himself this season. I would actually think it would be really cool to see him go to Auburn or LSU and then have a match-up for the ages when we faced him. We would know his tendencies inside and out. He would have insight on our defense that opposing quarterbacks never have. After we crushed his team we would hug him and say we still love him.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
NOPE
I love the way Jalen handled himself this season. I would actually think it would be really cool to see him go to Auburn or LSU and then have a match-up for the ages when we faced him. We would know his tendencies inside and out. He would have insight on our defense that opposing quarterbacks never have. After we crushed his team we would hug him and say we still love him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama fans are not going to hug him after going to Auburn, LSU or TN.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.