Thank You Jalen Hurts

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Jalen was not voted a Team Captain ; but he HAS to have a spot at Denny Chimes; he earned it the hard way.
Thanks Jalen!

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Thank you Jalen for your work every week through the season to prepare in case you are called on. You knew the game plan, came in and did your job with efficiency. I appreciate your contributions.
So true; Jalen did not win the game Saturday, he won the game with his work and commitment in July, August,....
As Saban has stated many times; "everybody wants to be successful, but not everybody wants to do what it takes to be successful"
A true lesson for all in sports, business and life.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I know I have been pretty vocal about my opinion on Jalen as a passer, especially prior to the season starting. I will not take back any of what I said, because it was my true opinion and that has not changed much. That said, he has improved a bit over this season, and I was really proud of what he did Saturday. Right as he ran that game-winning TD, the thought that went through my head was "you know, this kid deserves this right now." He has really had to sit by and watch as his job was taken, he lost his place as the leader of our team, and he even took a good bit of criticism. Yeah, he had a few words to say when there was a mic in his face, but he has remained a team player and did what he was asked to do this season. Way to go, Jalen!

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
I never thought Jalen would leave this year or redshirt to have 2 years to play elsewhere. Every time I've been asked to speculate about where he will play next year, I've said I am not of the opinion that leaving is a foregone conclusion. He may well decide to go somewhere else, but I won't be shocked if he stays another year and fills the role he filled this year. If he stays, Bama will have 2 highly regarded freshmen QB's who can redshirt and gain a year of great coaching and tutelage behind 2 great college examples in Tua and Jalen. On the other hand, if Jalen moves on, he will do so leaving the Crimson Tide in capable hands, and I will hope he makes a great decision on the right place to make his final mark on college football.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I know I have been pretty vocal about my opinion on Jalen as a passer, especially prior to the season starting. I will not take back any of what I said, because it was my true opinion and that has not changed much. That said, he has improved a bit over this season, and I was really proud of what he did Saturday. Right as he ran that game-winning TD, the thought that went through my head was "you know, this kid deserves this right now." He has really had to sit by and watch as his job was taken, he lost his place as the leader of our team, and he even took a good bit of criticism. Yeah, he had a few words to say when there was a mic in his face, but he has remained a team player and did what he was asked to do this season. Way to go, Jalen!
If your opinion on Jalen’s passing ability hasn’t changed after this year, you need glasses.
I guarantee you he doesn’t make that TD throw to Jeudy last year; that’s way more than a “little” improvement.
His arm strength is every bit equal to Tua’s, and his accuracy ain’t that far behind either.
The biggest improvement is he looks for open “receivers” (note the plural); last year if first option wasn’t open he ran. I don’t think he’s done that once this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.