Thank You Jalen Hurts

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Today, in all likelihood, was Jalen's final home game in a crimson jersey. When Jalen came into the game, you could feel the whole stadium realize he was running out at once and everyone went nuts. Then when Waddle turned the corner, I've never heard BDS louder. It was a truly special moment, and I'm so happy I got to experience it. I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear. I'm so happy the fans got to say thank you to Jalen one last time, and I'm so happy that Jalen got to stick it to auburn one last time.

Today was truly a great day to be a Bama fan, and no matter what, Jalen will always wear crimson in my heart. Roll Tide, Jalen. We love you.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
It was a beautiful throw, catch, and run. It made me very thankful that he decided to stay. That being said, is it a given that he will not be returning for his Senior season? If so, what are his plans for his future?

ROLL TIDE!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I hope Jalen transfers and has a super season where ever he lands. I hope nothing but the best, he is crimson through and through. HE DID US, himself , his family and the University proud this year. Kid will have his pic in the dictionary next to the word CLASS.

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA
Well said. Jalen Hurts has been a class act, long before the moment he set foot on campus. Our country could use a whole lot more young men like him. Thanks Jalen and RTR !

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
By the way, Hurts finishes the regular season with a rating of 204.5. Not a fair comparison since he falls well short of qualifying, but if he did qualify he would be the third highest rated QB in college football. He has had some clear progression as a passer, and I just hope he doesn't go somewhere he could play Alabama next year.

Last edited:

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
The crowd was amazing when he came in; and louder when he completed the pass. When Waddle zoomed past that last defender was probably the loudest moment of the game.

Really happy for Jalen. Last year I’m not sure he completes that pass (most likely tucks it and runs).

All things considered, he’s had a really good season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I'd like to see Jalen stay at Bama. As of yet, he's shown no inclination of transferring. Where else other than at Bama will he get as much NFL scout exposure? Where else will he get this much top notch coaching? While not the starter, he does get a lot of playing time in most games. And he's done really well this season. Other than "being the starter", I don't see the benefit of him transferring. But then, I'm no expert in these matters.

tmv85

All-SEC
I was so excited for him! And I’m not ashamed to say I got pretty teary eyed. I guess I could have blamed it on allergies, since they’ve been driving me insane lately, but I won’t. It was nothing but complete pride for Jalen. I won’t be surprised if he transfers, but deep inside my heart, I hope he chooses to stay to finish his collegiate career at Bama.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'd like to see Jalen stay at Bama. As of yet, he's shown no inclination of transferring. Where else other than at Bama will he get as much NFL scout exposure? Where else will he get this much top notch coaching? While not the starter, he does get a lot of playing time in most games. And he's done really well this season. Other than "being the starter", I don't see the benefit of him transferring. But then, I'm no expert in these matters.
He can stay here, continue to get national exposure and reduce the chance of injury and then sign an NFL contract for millions.:cool:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It was awesome the way the stadium erupted when he trotted onto the field - the entire student section was chanting "JALEN! JALEN JALEN!"

I've said it before, but after he's gone (whether that be sooner or later), I'd love to see a 'best teammate' award named after him. What a fantastic young man he is, I'm so proud that he's worn the crimson jersey and represented the university so well.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
It was a beautiful throw, catch, and run. It made me very thankful that he decided to stay. That being said, is it a given that he will not be returning for his Senior season? If so, what are his plans for his future?

ROLL TIDE!
I agree with all things said in this thread. First class person, teammate, student, and player. I too wish he would stay but will support his decision. He has nothing to regret as every other QB at this level would be Tua’s backup. RTR Jalen.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I don’t want this taken the wrong way....

I kind of hope Jalen leaves. He deserves to start and be a star somewhere. I also think he has a better shot at the nfl that way, personally. That said, matt cassell got a shot in the league... so I could be totally wrong.

You know. I love Jalen. The way he brought us back against Ole Miss and then Miss State. The way he did Tennessee. Taking us to the SECCG and National Championship games was something I will remember. I hope he stays, believe me I am too much of a Bama fan to see him go anywhere else. I know he graduates soon and I won’t be mad if he goes elsewhere to start and finish out his career. He deserves to start and would be here if we didn’t have a generational QB that’s tearing everything of. Thing is, when Jalen has been in he has too. Thank you Jalen! You are leader and a champion on the field and in life. No Butch Jones pun intended.

Go to a Big 12 school. They don’t play defense.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He got a chance to look at Auburn offense and he knows he would be exposed under Gus. I can see him going to Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, and other schools.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don’t want this taken the wrong way....

I kind of hope Jalen leaves. He deserves to start and be a star somewhere. I also think he has a better shot at the nfl that way, personally. That said, matt cassell got a shot in the league... so I could be totally wrong.
I do too but I believe Jalen was quoted earlier this year saying there is no better place to learn to be a NFL QB than at Alabama. It will be interesting to see what he will do.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.