Link: Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence (4/12 Update on Page 12)

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Re: Ruben Foster arrested for domestic violence

Coach has created a brotherhood. Maybe being surrounded by friends who will push him to get help and stay focused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m a 49ers fan and my initial concern with us drafting him was accountability. I felt he needed to be on a team with former Bama players. Hopefully this helps him.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

This is a very good opportunity for Reuben.....having interaction with his former Bama teammates.

Hoping it pays dividends for the kid. Too much talent to see wasted.
Here's hoping the former Bama players can keep him focused and moving in the right direction. I hope he's not another Rolando M....

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015

Allen,Payne,SDH,Ryan Anderson and now Reuben...are all very recent Bama players on the Redskins D...I think that's it?
Actually they not only have Arie K on injured reserve, but also Cam Sims, who made the 53 man roster but was injured in the first game and needed season ending surgery. So 7 Bama guys plus Ruben. You all are free to Join Redskins nation with me!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence

Haaaaaa!!!! Nice reference to “Harlem Nights.”
Actually it was "Life" if I'm not mistaken. He was the deaf kid that could play baseball and got the warden's daughter pregnant.

Unless the false accusation wasn't really false...
I don't think it was false. I think he truly did it both times.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

So it turns out RTR was right on the money with 7-8...my bad! That's awesome though!!! RTR!!!
Actually they not only have Arie K on injured reserve, but also Cam Sims, who made the 53 man roster but was injured in the first game and needed season ending surgery. So 7 Bama guys plus Ruben. You all are free to Join Redskins nation with me!

BamaBonski

Oct 22, 2008

I am glad Reuben is getting another chance.

If the Skins can start drafting Bama Offensive Players, then we will finally see how an All-Alabama team can compare to NFL teams.
I don't think our current roster could beat an NFL team, but we always seem to hear that they could.

I could never be a Redskins fan, but I would definitely pay more attention to them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

All the Redskins did here is grab him in case his charges turn out to be fictitious once again. If Foster is proven to have done this, he will be out of the NFL forever.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just in case anyone expects to see Reuben play soon:

Foster was subsequently placed on the commissioner's exempt list, meaning he cannot practice or attend games but can be at the team facility on "a reasonable basis" for workouts, meetings and other permitted non-football activities
Link

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

First thing Reuben's friends need to do is convince him to stay away from that crazy girlfriend. Yep, I think she made it up both times. They may have had some verbal disagreements, but she fabricates the rest. Correct me if I am wrong, but he never had issues like this at Alabama or any other time, right? Sounds like he has him a crazy gold digger and she needs to go. JMH{female}O.

ETA: I am all for due process and if it proves true, then so be it. He will deserve any punishment that comes his way. That said, based on the Redskins picking him up, seems like they don't believe the story either.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

First thing Reuben's friends need to do is convince him to stay away from that crazy girlfriend. Yep, I think she made it up both times. They may have had some verbal disagreements, but she fabricates the rest. Correct me if I am wrong, but he never had issues like this at Alabama or any other time, right? Sounds like he has him a crazy gold digger and she needs to go. JMH{female}O.

ETA: I am all for due process and if it proves true, then so be it. He will deserve any punishment that comes his way. That said, based on the Redskins picking him up, seems like they don't believe the story either.
The sad thing is that there are a lot of cases of false accusations of such things out there, and they cause the accused a lot of trouble. When the falsehood is revealed, it casts doubt on many other accusations of the same thing with other couples. But here is the thing. It does really happen, and probably more often than we want to realize. Reuben is one of our boys, and I want him to not really be guilty of this. I truly hope he didn't do it and that you are correct here. But even as a Bama fan, when I saw the news the Redskins (already the go-to for former Bama players) had picked him up, I thought it was a bit too much without more information and that they would face a major public backlash for it. But I am not paid millions of dollars to make these decisions.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

But even as a Bama fan, when I saw the news the Redskins (already the go-to for former Bama players) had picked him up, I thought it was a bit too much without more information and that they would face a major public backlash for it. But I am not paid millions of dollars to make these decisions.
They are getting slammed for it on social media, but they have an owner who has been slammed every day for over a decade on social media. He does not care.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

They are getting slammed for it on social media, but they have an owner who has been slammed every day for over a decade on social media. He does not care.
Basically. They aren't exactly the most beloved franchise right now even by their fans so whats the risk?

I can't stand Dan Snider or Bruce Allen.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Do we have confirmation that it is the same woman? I have seen it suggested, but nothing solid.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The report I read yesterday said it was the same one.
I have only read suggestions that it is "probably" the same woman because this woman was described as an "on again, off again girlfriend for the last few years", which also applied to the other woman. But I would be willing to bet a lot of $$$ that Foster has a string of "on again, off again" girlfriends. He seems to be the "girl in every port" kind of guy.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Two links

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/17/reuben-foster-preliminary-hearing-in-dv-case-underway/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11...foster-after-latest-domestic-violence-arrest/

It was the same woman. Said he slapped her phone out of her hands, then slapped her in the face and pics show scratch on her neck. Sounds sketchy, but he should lose his job for being stupid.
There isn’t any reason on this planet (not even sex) to get back together with a woman who lied and had you arrested because she was “mad”.
Wasn’t he married when he was at Bama?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Two links

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/17/reuben-foster-preliminary-hearing-in-dv-case-underway/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11...foster-after-latest-domestic-violence-arrest/

It was the same woman. Said he slapped her phone out of her hands, then slapped her in the face and pics show scratch on her neck. Sounds sketchy, but he should lose his job for being stupid.
There isn’t any reason on this planet (not even sex) to get back together with a woman who lied and had you arrested because she was “mad”.
Wasn’t he married when he was at Bama?

Thanks.

JMO, but this is like returning to an abusive partner. She has her claws in him somehow, and he is going to need help to walk away.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Thanks.

JMO, but this is like returning to an abusive partner. She has her claws in him somehow, and he is going to need help to walk away.
Maybe his Bama teammates with the Redskins can help. It took the coaches forever to get him to stop tackling with his helmet, but maybe knowing these guys for years may make it easier to walk away.
He also has to learn (if he did what he was accused of) to never even touch a woman in anger, in any fashion, because ones like this one will have you arrested whether it’s justified or not.
High profile people are targets.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.