Link: Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence (4/12 Update on Page 12)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence

All the teams were warned that Reuben had to have an extremely structured program for him to stay out of trouble. I guarantee you that. At some point a man either grows up and becomes a man that can hold himself accountable or they never will. I hope RF can but all evidence says he cannot. I’m not sure he’ll get back in the NFL with how unforgiving our society has become with domestic violence. I firmly believe in second chances but you see how Ray Rice has been blackballed and it raises your eyebrows. They ain’t playing at all!! If, and it’s a BIG IF, he gets a 3rd chance it’ll be his last. I fully expect he’ll be suspended all of next season (6) at the minimum.

As a Redskins fan and as a fan of football I’m really pulling for the guy to turn it around and use those wonderful God-given talent for positive things from here on out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

If he does get to return to football I would make sure he had to room with a seasoned veteran for all road games. The NBA used to do this for rookies not sure if they still do. Make sure someone is keeping an eye on him at all times.
Thanks.

JMO, but this is like returning to an abusive partner. She has her claws in him somehow, and he is going to need help to walk away.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Re: Ruben Foster arrested for domestic violence

First thing Reuben's friends need to do is convince him to stay away from that crazy girlfriend. Yep, I think she made it up both times. They may have had some verbal disagreements, but she fabricates the rest. Correct me if I am wrong, but he never had issues like this at Alabama or any other time, right? Sounds like he has him a crazy gold digger and she needs to go. JMH{female}O.

ETA: I am all for due process and if it proves true, then so be it. He will deserve any punishment that comes his way. That said, based on the Redskins picking him up, seems like they don't believe the story either.
While I haven't looked into this story very closely I just wanted to add that previous histories don't always mean everything in these situations. Sometimes a personality combination is just combustible between two people and it can bring out some really nasty stuff when mixed. Hopefully not what is happening here and either way (guilty or falsely accused) I hope Reuben gets some help.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

While I haven't looked into this story very closely I just wanted to add that previous histories don't always mean everything in these situations. Sometimes a personality combination is just combustible between two people and it can bring out some really nasty stuff when mixed. Hopefully not what is happening here and either way (guilty or falsely accused) I hope Reuben gets some help.
also, with nfl/pro athletes, an insane amount of money is in the mix. i'm sure that factors in some

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

also, with nfl/pro athletes, and insane amount of money is in the mix. i'm sure that factors in some
If I had that kind of talent, and worked in a league that so strongly condemned domestic violence, and had a girlfriend that had publicly acknowledged she had lied in an earlier domestic violence report (which at this point her retraction looks like she realized she was sabotaging her meal ticket), I would dump her like a hot potato and get a restraining order to keep her away from me.
If he is smart (or even just not monumentally stupid), he can earn enough to be set for life and this relationship is getting in the way of that. Once he's out of the league, he can try and "work things out" with this woman if he chooses to.
In the meantime, while you are physically capable of earning that kind of money, earn that kind of money.
I hate this kind of waste.

And if all the hitting a woman stories are true, he is a special kind of bad person.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

Unless the false accusation wasn't really false...
There is no evidence (or reason) to even suspect she wasn’t lying the first time.
From personal experience (not involving domestic violence and definitely not having Rueben’s kind of money), ....ed off women (some) will absolutely lie to bring a man grief. Her recanting of her original lie was supported by others, IIRC.
Jury on this accusation is still out; scratch on her neck is evidence of something, and is “plausible” with him “slapping her face” (although marks on her face would be more damning).
She is trash, in the first place, so I’m waiting on everything to come out before I convict him of domestic violence. As I said earlier, he deserved to lose his job with the ‘Niners for being stupid, best case scenario. Worst case, he’s thrown his life away for something that has brought down better men than him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Woman allegedly slapped by Reuben Foster questions role 49ers had in police investigation

Ennis said she was in Tampa at Foster's request to discuss their on-again, off-again relationship. Foster and the 49ers were preparing to play the Buccaneers the next day. According to a police report, Foster allegedly slapped Ennis on the side of her face. Ennis told "Good Morning America" that she sustained bruises on her neck and face in the altercation, and she also reportedly suffered a concussion.
Ennis accused Foster of assaulting her in the February incident, but those charges were dropped in May when she recanted her allegations. She told GMA she lied when she recanted, saying she did so out of love.

"Love will have you doing things that's not in your best interests," she said, adding, "I did what I had to do for the person I love. I thought that he would change."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I believe that he is likely guilty, but I wounder if she is as crazy as Courtney Smith and her ilk. He probably stayed with her to keep her from coming out earlier and saying that she recanted last year to save his career. No telling how many times she used that as a threat.

Unless he can prove that he did not do this, his career is over. The NFL doesn't want or need a guilty verdict to end his career.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I believe that he is likely guilty, but I wounder if she is as crazy as Courtney Smith and her ilk. He probably stayed with her to keep her from coming out earlier and saying that she recanted last year to save his career. No telling how many times she used that as a threat.

Unless he can prove that he did not do this, his career is over. The NFL doesn't want or need a guilty verdict to end his career.
She says she had bruises and even suffered a concussion. The obvious question then becomes does the police report support her claims?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

She says she had bruises and even suffered a concussion. The obvious question then becomes does the police report support her claims?
No secrets in FL. Everything will come to light.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

Nope. Nothing about any marks on her face or evidence of concussion, only the scratch on her collarbone.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The whole deal is too ridiculous for me to make heads or tails of the matter.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I'm withholding judgement of Reuben until this plays out.

But, just when it comes to her changing her story(saying she lied then saying that was a lie etc.) isn't that relatively common from abuse victims for a variety of reasons?

I will say the Redskins were pretty dumb for signing him.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

My understanding is that the Redskins have not paid any money to obtain RF. They just made a claim to sign him if he becomes eligible to play again. Every other team passed on having first refusal rights. No matter how this plays out, It's a bad look for the Redskins.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Normally enjoy most of your posts- but that is a pretty judge mental comment from you. Still defending Urban Liar and now calling Smith crazy. Please, Take off your Buckeye glasses. You have no idea if Foster is guilty or not.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Normally enjoy most of your posts- but that is a pretty judge mental comment from you. Still defending Urban Liar and now calling Smith crazy. Please, Take off your Buckeye glasses. You have no idea if Foster is guilty or not.
Her own family has said this. Her own mother. And I readily admit that I don't know about Foster and am hoping that he is innocent. It just appears unlikely at this point, don't you think?

Last edited:

Her own family has said this. Her own mother. And I readily admit that I don't know about Foster and am hoping that he is innocent. It just appears unlikely at this point, don't you think?
Her own mother? Nah, I need more than that. I’m sure her mother is set to benefit if any money changes hand.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.