Oklahoma or Ohio State in the playoffs?

Who gets #4 spot in the playoffs?

• Total voters

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"Popcorn offense"...the last time we played you guys we hung 45 on you and there is no comparison in that Sooner O and this edition. You might beat us and hang 60 on us doing it but you'll probably give up at least 40. This is by any definition a generational offensive scheme. It would be fun to watch.
The part I've never seen a single Sooner fan talk about is this part:

FIVE Alabama turnovers

Now.....do you REALLY think you're going to force five turnovers?

Be honest.

And I keep reading this online bloviating from your fans that goes like this:

"We hung 48 points on Georgia."

I love how many of you forget the following facts:
1) THREE of those points were in overtime. There ain't gonna be no overtime.
2) you had 31 points in the first half (yay you)
3) Your OFFENSE only scored SEVEN POINTS after halftime

(Why do none of you realize that critical last point???)

You had a TD on a fumble return.

Now....you may or may not score 40 points on us (you're going to have to given the Sooner D).

However......

you scored 37 on Iowa State
you scored 28 on Army IN OVERTIME

Alabama's defense is better than both of those two.

And there's one more point: both teams' fans are getting the cart ahead of the horse. Neither one of us has won anything yet.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
OSU has the better win (but is it really? - Michigan wasn't as good as many thought) and the worse loss with the trend being improvement.

I don't think the CFPC would pass over putting the Heisman winner and runner up against each other.

That said, I'd love to see them both lose and UCF sneak in so Bama can beat the brakes off them.

But I also wouldn't mind getting that OU monkey off our backs.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think OU will put up gaudy numbers against the short horns in a 60 something to 40 something game. OSU's problem is their lack luster opposition next week. Beating NW doesn't impress anyone unless you win by 40+ which won't happen. OU makes it to the big dance.
You mean like they did in October in the same city?

FTR - I would say OU is more deserving than Ohio St at this point, but the flip side is that OU doesn't have a WIN as impressive as Ohio St yesterday. And the committee has been hard to figure out.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
If I we're the committee I'd at least consider putting both OU and Ohio State in over Notre Dame. It won't happen but if consider it.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I like the fact that UCF vote is in pink. Hope that was on purpose.

If OU were to hang forty on us, we'd probably score 70 plus.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
"Popcorn offense"...the last time we played you guys we hung 45 on you and there is no comparison in that Sooner O and this edition. You might beat us and hang 60 on us doing it but you'll probably give up at least 40. This is by any definition a generational offensive scheme. It would be fun to watch.
I will never call it a popcorn offense. Murray and company are legit. I still think we could hold you guys to 28 points unless we turn the ball over. But I see no way you guys hold us below 63 unless again, turnovers. I’m not sure that’s much fun for anyone but Alabama fans. Again, if we turn the ball over it could be an exciting game. But such things aren’t predictable at all.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I say we leave the B1G and Big12 out! Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Notre Dame.

Last edited:

Saint&Sinner

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Maybe. I’d like to see it.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
If you want REAL chaos, just let OU and Ohio State BOTH lose and we blow out Georgia.

How then do you NOT put UCF in the playoff? Everyone would have two losses.
any of those 2 lose teams are better than UCF. Don't know why they should be taken seriously when their schedule is full of high school teams. color me not impressed. I don't care how many games in row someone wins when it's not against quality opponents. Nothing earned there but a good record. UCF plays good football, but they haven't earned the right to be considered imho. I think they're ranked too high. Do you think they could beat LSU? Not a chance. Awburn maybe, lol, but not LSU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
any of those 2 lose teams are better than UCF. Don't know why they should be taken seriously when their schedule is full of high school teams. color me not impressed. I don't care how many games in row someone wins when it's not against quality opponents. Nothing earned there but a good record. UCF plays good football, but they haven't earned the right to be considered imho. I think they're ranked too high. Do you think they could beat LSU? Not a chance. Awburn maybe, lol, but not LSU.
Because UCF is obviously the 4th best team in the country.
They've won like 60 games in a row or something.
They beat Memphis! Yes, Memphis!
They beat a good Connecticut team by 39!

I do not understand why everybody is so down on UCF. Clearly the 4th best team in the country. ESPN says so. Done.

UCF! UCF! UCF!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
any of those 2 lose teams are better than UCF.
No argument here

Don't know why they should be taken seriously when their schedule is full of high school teams. color me not impressed. I don't care how many games in row someone wins when it's not against quality opponents.
But they beat Auburn who beat both Georgia and Alabama last year....(I don't agree with this, I'm just functioning like a UCF dolt)

Nothing earned there but a good record. UCF plays good football, but they haven't earned the right to be considered imho. I think they're ranked too high. Do you think they could beat LSU? Not a chance. Awburn maybe, lol, but not LSU.

"But that's what they said last year about us and Auburn"

The reason I would LOVE to get UCF, well there are many:

1) They'd be MUCH easier to beat than OU (my fear is us getting into a track meet with OU and then losing after we win because of the fatigue)
2) It would shut up all the carping for them to be included
3) Watching them whine about it would be epic
4) It would prevent any future lawsuit over "we don't have access"

I also think that if we meet it needs to be winner take all with the loser's name expunged from that nonsense. If they win, we give up last year's trophy.

If they win, they take down all the banners and crap and have no claim.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
No argument here

But they beat Auburn who beat both Georgia and Alabama last year....(I don't agree with this, I'm just functioning like a UCF dolt)

"But that's what they said last year about us and Auburn"

The reason I would LOVE to get UCF, well there are many:

1) They'd be MUCH easier to beat than OU (my fear is us getting into a track meet with OU and then losing after we win because of the fatigue)
2) It would shut up all the carping for them to be included
3) Watching them whine about it would be epic
4) It would prevent any future lawsuit over "we don't have access"

I also think that if we meet it needs to be winner take all with the loser's name expunged from that nonsense. If they win, we give up last year's trophy.

If they win, they take down all the banners and crap and have no claim.
Sorry, I missed your intent earlier. lol. I get you now.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
If I we're the committee I'd at least consider putting both OU and Ohio State in over Notre Dame. It won't happen but if consider it.
And that’s one of the problems with the 4-team playoff. The pundits on ESPN radio this morning all felt ND “deserved” to be in cfp, but none felt they were one of the 4 best teams & would likely lose vs any of the other contenders. With ND a 3 seed Clemson will get an easier path to cfp than the #1 seed Tide. And anyone pretending to know who is better between OSU & OU is full of it. Picking between those two is a coin toss right now. And if OSU plays like they did Saturday they can play with anyone.

But it does make for fun water cooler talk.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You're correct that it's not fair - and that imho is the most bogus aspect of the committee.
It's not unfair - it's an absolute issue. It's no different than not counting a loss as heavily when the starting QB was out due to injury. There's zero question that UCF will be less effective without MM, so why is it unfair?

Heck, I'd argue it would be far more unfair if they let UCF in over a 2-loss team that played a real schedule.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Heck, I'd argue it would be far more unfair if they let UCF in over a 2-loss team that played a real schedule.
But it would be better for Alabama and that is all that really matters to me.
Heck, ESPN was drooling all over them two weeks ago. Fine. We'll accept that challenge. Bama-UCF in round 1.

Then, after Bama beats UCF 54-0 in the first half, and cruises to a 71-6 final score, we can say, "Dang. Who saw that coming?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Neither deserve it OU cannot play defense and OSU loses to a loser every year, sorry that is a playoff killer in my book. PURDUE? Really,and you think that makes you a top 4 team, not in the real world. Top 4 does not lose bad to unranked sorry team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.