FunnyMaine: How Bama Fans Watched Week Thirteen Games 2018

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Re: funnymaine this week (IB)

This guy cracks me up so much, good job Maine.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I mean, they good, but they ain't the Citadel. :biggrin:

Landonio

Nov 16, 2018

...am I the only one that doesn't find this guy funny?

And no personal offense or anything. I'm sure he's a cool guy.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Humor is a funny thing(pun intended) many funny people are funny to a certain group. I like him, but many I know do not care for him. Like any comedian some will swear they are the funniest and I just do not get them at all. And it swings back, folks I find funny many of my friends cannot stand. It is a personal thing, no right or wrong, just a matter of taste, like music and food and so many things.

Mob-Bama

2nd Team
Dec 14, 2001
Mobile, AL USA

I probably wouldn't think he was as funny as I currently do if I wasn't a Bama fan, but I do know other fans think he's funny too. He makes fun of Bama fans in these videos too (and that's why he wasn't quite as funny in the first videos this year, 'cause we were just crushing everybody). He couldn't find anything to face-palm about!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I am thinking...yes....

He really is funny! :cool2:

He says what the rest of us think...

Last edited:

Landonio

Nov 16, 2018

I am thinking...yes....

He really is funny! :cool2:

He says what the rest of us think...
...but that's exactly why I don't think he's that funny. It's not creative. I could literally do the exact same thing and probably be just as funny ("funny") and probably even more creative. I prefer SEC Shorts, John Doe, and even ScooterMagruder (I wanna know how much all those shirts cost him haha). Much more creative and more effort involved IMHO. And honestly funnier. They actually make me laugh out loud.

Also going on Rick and Bubba didn't really do him any favors from me.

Last edited:

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

...but that's exactly why I don't think he's that funny. It's not creative. I could literally do the exact same thing and probably be just as funny ("funny") and probably even more creative. I prefer SEC Shorts, John Doe, and even ScooterMagruder (I wanna know how much all those shirts cost him haha). Much more creative and more effort involved IMHO. And honestly funnier. They actually make me laugh out loud.

Also going on Rick and Bubba didn't really do him any favors from me.
He makes a living off of doing this, if you think its so incredibly easy... start a youtube channel. I can assure you consistently funny and scheduled comedy is by no means easy.

Landonio

Nov 16, 2018

He makes a living off of doing this, if you think its so incredibly easy... start a youtube channel. I can assure you consistently funny and scheduled comedy is by no means easy.
And here we go with these types of defensive comments. Only a matter of time. *sigh*

There's no reason to get upset. I don't dislike the guy. I already stated this. He's just not my type of comedy.

And he's not consistently funny. Partly because I don't think he's funny. That's just my opinion. Comedy is subjective.

Also, if you showed his videos to 100 people who aren't Alabama/football fans, even if you gave them some context, probably less than 10% of them would find it funny. Being an Alabama fan plays a huge role in finding his videos funny. But I'm proof that not even all Alabama fans think so.

Also, I'm aware he does stand-up comedy as well. I've never seen it (YouTube link?), but I'm sure that is funnier than his videos. He's not "making a living" off of YouTube. Believe me. YouTube doesn't pay the bills like it used to. Especially not with 50k subs. It's that combined with his stand-up, combined with his media appearances, and whatever else he may be involved in.

Also, I never said that it would be "incredibly easy". I'm aware that YouTube/content creation can be a very difficult, time-consuming, and arduous endeavor. But you can't honestly sit here and tell me with a straight face that uploading ONE 4-minute video a week, with very little editing and the same song playing over it everytime, that's just the camera facing you and verbalizing your thoughts during a football game, is something that's super difficult. Or on the same level as some other YouTubers out there who are doing WAY more involved and creative content. Come on guy.

Besides, most of the time his "jokes" aren't even that creative. He's literally just saying what happened. I don't find that laugh-out-loud funny, like I do someone like John Doe (who is pure gold), or sometimes even SEC Shorts, who go the extra mile. I'm sorry.

EDIT: Also, if I were him (or any black man for that matter), I wouldn't darken Rick and Bubba's doors (no pun intended). Those guys are clowns and an embarrassment to radio and our state. But I'm sure to them he's "one of the good ones"...

Last edited:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

My daughter and I look forward to his videos every week. Maybe it is because I'm a Bama fan or maybe it's just because his facial expressions are hilarious to me. I can understand how/why some people don't like his schtick. It's all dependent upon one's perspective and taste.

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
The videos are like shooting fish in a barrel. I've seen his stand up routine in person too. It's not sports or Bama related and it's really predictable. Glad other people enjoy him though and he seems like a nice guy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.