Question: What can we expect from Georgia in the SEC Championship Game?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Remember, if we had executed better on offense last year in the SECCG, the game wouldn't have been close.

These teams are even farther (?further?) apart than they were last year...especially on offense.

Might get ugly.
I'm assuming you mean the NCG?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Georgia will run the ball a lot, and they are good at it. Our run defense is vulnerable. They will also use Justin Fields in the red zone. They have a reliable punter and kicker of course. Fromm has gotten much better since they lost to LSU.

If Bama starts out slow and does not make adjustments, it will be a long game. Hopefully our coaches will make adjustment before the half if needed, instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter.

If this game comes down to punting/field position/kicking, I will be more nervous than usual. We need Tua to keep doing his thing, and our running game needs to be better.

I hope UGA does not play dirty but I imagine they will. Hope the best referees in the SEC will call the game. Which crew is best? Hard to tell really.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Georgia will run the ball a lot, and they are good at it. Our run defense is vulnerable. They will also use Justin Fields in the red zone. They have a reliable punter and kicker of course. Fromm has gotten much better since they lost to LSU.

If Bama starts out slow and does not make adjustments, it will be a long game. Hopefully our coaches will make adjustment before the half if needed, instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter.

If this game comes down to punting/field position/kicking, I will be more nervous than usual. We need Tua to keep doing his thing, and our running game needs to be better.

I hope UGA does not play dirty but I imagine they will. Hope the best referees in the SEC will call the game. Which crew is best? Hard to tell really.
Fromm got better? Look at the last 3 games they played against.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Georgia will run the ball a lot, and they are good at it. Our run defense is vulnerable. .
They are going to get their yards, but I have a feeling we take the run away and force Fromm to beat us

They will also use Justin Fields in the red zone. .
God I hope so. Kirby and Urban look like the dumbest headcoaches in the P5 when they take out a hot quarterback and put in an 100% runner

the simple answer:

If we handcuff Tua then we are in for a dawg fight; if we take the handcuffs off Tua then we are in for a dawg beating

They are going to get their yards, but I have a feeling we take the run away and force Fromm to beat us

God I hope so. Kirby and Urban look like the dumbest headcoaches in the P5 when they take out a hot quarterback and put in an 100% runner

the simple answer:

If we handcuff Tua then we are in for a dawg fight; if we take the handcuffs off Tua then we are in for a dawg beating
You don’t have to worry about handcuffs this time. Won’t be that vanilla playcalling we saw in the first half.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
To me,Georgia is a throwback Bama offense. Their offensive line is massive , averaging about 320 and good road graders, but struggle at times with pass protection against athletic defensive lines. They have elite wideouts in Ridley, Hardman, Godwin and company. Fromm is a game manager plus, and since the LSU game they are one of the best teams in CFB. THE DEFENSE is very good but not elite, they have good DBs , but linebackers that make mistakes at times but are very talented. Thier front has struggled at times with pressure on QB , but have been better the last few games. I think they are in the lower 3-4 in the SEC in sacks and interceptions. Very good against the run.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I expect them to take several shots downfield to Hardman over the top of the defense. I am not sure we have a DB that can run with guy. I will be imperative to get 14-17 point lead on them to take them away from their run game. Auburn ran the ball better against us yesterday than I would have liked. Swift and Holyfield are very effective runners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
You don’t have to worry about handcuffs this time. Won’t be that vanilla playcalling we saw in the first half.
To be fair, we should've never went vanilla against Auburn. At this point, Saban and coaching staff has to realize we cant go vanilla going forward. We just need to find what's working and make big plays and get our starters out early as possible. We can always go back and tweak playbook since we have a month off.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I expect them to take several shots downfield to Hardman over the top of the defense. I am not sure we have a DB that can run with guy. I will be imperative to get 14-17 point lead on them to take them away from their run game. Auburn ran the ball better against us yesterday than I would have liked. Swift and Holyfield are very effective runners.

we seemed to adjust to their running just fine as the game went on.

i think saban will have a good plan for their o and our d will execute it well

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

One thing we might do what Auburn did against us is to spilt our safeties time to time... we will try and prevent the deep ball. We just need to make sure we defend perimeter runs and force them in 3rd and long situation often. I agree with others, take run game away and force Fromm to win the game . I dont think we will see Fields in game often. Georgia is good, but they are not the same team from last year. If Alabama do their job and limit mistakes.. I expect us to be like 30-17 by 3rd quarter .

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I expect what we always get from UGA, a team a lot like our own, balanced and tough. Like the NC game earlier this year and the SECCG a few yrs back, a tough game played clean and hard. No aubie trick plays, no BS just straight up football between 2 really good teams. Just hope it ends like the others, with us winning. I expect their best shot as always, as long as we play our game to our abilities I feel we will win. But any mistakes in this one could cost us the game, no room for errors.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I expect what we always get from UGA, a team a lot like our own, balanced and tough. Like the NC game earlier this year and the SECCG a few yrs back, a tough game played clean and hard..
Both of those games we were the #1 reason they were in the game to begin with.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I fully expect this game to be similar to last year's national championship game and 2012 SEC Championship. Maybe even higher scoring than those two games. Both teams have great offenses and defenses that can be had. I hope that our defense can fix some of the mental errors that were made yesterday. Both busting assignments and penalties. We helped Auburn extend drives with stupid penalties. Obviously can't have punts blocked. The kicking game scares me to death. If I was Saban and the offensive staff I would get off to a quick start and open the playbook from the get go. Tua is the Heisman front runner. Let he and the offense go balls to the wall. Like Ohio State did yesterday with Haskins.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
To be fair, we should've never went vanilla against Auburn. At this point, Saban and coaching staff has to realize we cant go vanilla going forward. We just need to find what's working and make big plays and get our starters out early as possible. We can always go back and tweak playbook since we have a month off.

Totally agree. We can't afford to be conservative against Georgia. If Tua is truly the Heisman winner you let him and his play makers take over like yesterday in the second half.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I expect what we always get from UGA, a team a lot like our own, balanced and tough. Like the NC game earlier this year and the SECCG a few yrs back, a tough game played clean and hard. No aubie trick plays, no BS just straight up football between 2 really good teams. Just hope it ends like the others, with us winning. I expect their best shot as always, as long as we play our game to our abilities I feel we will win. But any mistakes in this one could cost us the game, no room for errors.
2008 and 2015 say hello. ;)

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Put pressure on Fromm...... look at the LSU game and the pressure they applied to him....... and watch their run. Bama allowed AU to run early but adjusted...... I trust Saban and co have been planning for UGA for awhile and don’t think you will see vanilla Saturday

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm not sure on the "home team" idea but....

Alabama Crimson - 1993, 1999, 2009, 2015

Alabama White - 1992, 1994, 1996, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016

So I'm guessing we are wearing white.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.